Notices
The New Member Registry If you're new to JK-Forum.com, please take a moment to sign-in, introduce yourself and show us your Jeep JK Wrangler!!

New to the forum

Old 01-13-2014, 04:50 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New to the forum

Hello! This is my first time posting on the forum. Bought my first Jeep a couple months ago and loving it. I grew up with them but have never owned one myself until now. I have a 2011 Sport Unlimited and have done a few things to it. Nothing crazy yet but looking forward to it! I'm getting tires next month and still debating which ones. 1
Old 01-13-2014, 05:17 PM
JK Enthusiast

Welcome.
Old 01-13-2014, 06:26 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
Default Online tires

Bought my first tire set "online" (versus in a local store) not too long ago. Did a ton of research... these guys have pretty good prices. National Tire & Wheel Off Road Tires Wheels & Accessories

Went to local shop and they quoted me $550 per tire. Online I got same ones for $400 a piece and I think it was free shipping... around Christmas time. I had them shipped straight to a shop and it cost about $100 to mount and balance. I was really pleased.

Even better, I could find someone with the best Road Master balancing system... forget which one that is... but it does a great job with oversized tires. That was a nice bonus. Get the tires cheap and pick the best mounting shop. And I had them shipped directly to the shop.

Just an idea to consider.
Old 01-14-2014, 05:20 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Twinkydog
Welcome.
Thank you!
Old 01-14-2014, 05:28 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Schlieko
Bought my first tire set "online" (versus in a local store) not too long ago. Did a ton of research... these guys have pretty good prices. National Tire & Wheel Off Road Tires Wheels & Accessories

Went to local shop and they quoted me $550 per tire. Online I got same ones for $400 a piece and I think it was free shipping... around Christmas time. I had them shipped straight to a shop and it cost about $100 to mount and balance. I was really pleased.

Even better, I could find someone with the best Road Master balancing system... forget which one that is... but it does a great job with oversized tires. That was a nice bonus. Get the tires cheap and pick the best mounting shop. And I had them shipped directly to the shop.

Just an idea to consider.
Thanks for the idea! I'll look into that site. I have done a ton of research. I'm still debating which tire b/c I need a tire that will not wear to quickly b/c she will be on the road more often then the trails. I try to hit the trails once a week if I can. I was looking into the Wrangler M/T R but I don't think I'm going that way b/c I'm not climbing rocks right now and I've read that the wear on these tires aren't that great. I've also read that even after rotating every 5000 that the wear is bad but some have not had that problem. I guess it's how good the machine is that balances them. I just want a tougher look for right now. I might be going for the BFG T/A KM.

Quick Reply: New to the forum