Notices
The New Member Registry If you're new to JK-Forum.com, please take a moment to sign-in, introduce yourself and show us your Jeep JK Wrangler!!

New to the forum from Arizona - Inpatiently awaiting delivery of my 11 JK

Old 05-04-2011, 07:44 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New to the forum from Arizona - Inpatiently awaiting delivery of my 11 JK

Hey guys, just wanted to say Hi. I'm just new to the forum but have been browsing all of the posts over the last few weeks. This forum is great, I've owned a lot of different cars and belonged to a lot of different forums but this JK forum is a cut above. Really looking forward to being a part of this forum and the Jeep Community.

As for my Jeep... I placed an order for a 2011 Sahara Tan Sport S 6speed on 4/24/11. Status went to D1 today and delivery to my dealer is scheduled for 5/23/11. As soon as I take delivery I will post some pics. Again, Cheers!
Old 05-04-2011, 08:08 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm just as new as you, so my welcome isn't worth much, but welcome. I will also soon be joining you in the Sahara Tan club. I can't imagine how painfully slow these next 19 days are going to go for you.

Good luck in making it through!

Can I ask you about pricing and bargaining? Were you able to haggle down a price that's fair to both you and the dealer? If so, how? Of course answer at your own will, feel free to keep your bargaining secrets just that.
Old 05-04-2011, 10:11 AM
JK Newbie

Hey Terry,
Thanks!

I was able to do some haggling and think I got a pretty good deal. No secrets, just research. Basically I just went to Edmunds website and priced out my exact Jeep with options. Edmunds calculates a True Market Value price which is a average price of what buyers have paid in your area. I took the printout with me to the dealership and told them I want to be below that price. It's an average so half the people paid more and half the people paid less. In this case I wanted to be below average. I ended up getting a deal that was $500 below dealer invoice but still $500 over what the dealer actually pays for the vehicle. Dealings went really quick since I had the numbers right there in my hand. Remember that the invoice price a dealer gives you is still a price point where they are making a good profit. You should always be able to negotiate below that. I am getting a lift, wheels and tires installed through the dealer which helped in my negotiation but again I had to haggle on that price as well. This is the way I have always dealt with a dealership and it has always gotten me a better price than any other method. Another thing to remember is to not let them use any sales tactics. Assure them they don't need to sell you on the vehicle only that you need to agree on a selling price for the vehicle. Financing, if that is your route, can be worked out later. The selling price is all that matters.

Hope this helps, good luck with your negotiations!
Old 05-04-2011, 10:22 AM
JK Junkie

Welcome...you are right, this is a great place and a wealth of knowledge....congrats on the new ride
Old 05-04-2011, 05:06 PM
JK Freak

Welcome to the forum.

Quick Reply: New to the forum from Arizona - Inpatiently awaiting delivery of my 11 JK