Notices
The New Member Registry If you're new to JK-Forum.com, please take a moment to sign-in, introduce yourself and show us your Jeep JK Wrangler!!

New guy in H-Town

Old 03-31-2013, 04:57 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New guy in H-Town

Hello hello! I was working for a Jeep/Chrysler dealership in Denver back when the JK 4 door came out and had been wanting one ever since. About a year ago I scraped up enough nickels to finally to make it happen. I am now the proud owner of a 2012 Unlimited Sport S, 5-speed with 3.73, LSD and a hard top. Not the ultimate package but it's what worked best for me as a weekend warrior. Haven't done much other than adding grab handles so far but I'm getting the itch. Looking forward to the input from the community as I go!

I do have some questions to start off. I'm sure this will be an ever expanding list but I'm looking to make a few upgrades, I'm curious about the order I should approach it. On my budget this is probably a years worth of items but here they are, in no particular order.

Wheels and tires (33" most likely)
2-1/2" lift
Front bumper
Winch
Rear bumper with spare mount
Fender flares (I've seen people mention "sawzalling" fenders, and I have a sawzall.... But.... Huh? Is there a thread on this?)
KC lights

I'll probably be getting the TrekTop NX and some other items that won't require an "order" too. I'd be happy to hear recommendations on what to buy for the brands too, as it's somewhat overwhelming at times. Of course I'll be reading the forum too, as I don't think there's a question I could ask that someone hasn't answered already.

Thanks again!
Old 03-31-2013, 06:34 PM
JK Jedi

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Welcome to the forum!
Old 03-31-2013, 06:38 PM
JK Freak

Welcome to the club. Some local guys on the forum are planning a meet n greet in a couple weeks. Check out the thread in the Lone Star staging area.
Old 04-01-2013, 05:46 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by matprovo
Welcome to the club. Some local guys on the forum are planning a meet n greet in a couple weeks. Check out the thread in the Lone Star staging area.
Outstanding! I didn't realize there was the local sections. Thanks for the info.
Old 04-01-2013, 06:17 AM
JK Enthusiast

Welcome to JKF
Old 04-01-2013, 06:47 AM
JK Enthusiast

welcome im down in galveston
Old 04-01-2013, 08:07 AM
JK Newbie

Welcome, from the SW side of town.