Notices
The New Member Registry If you're new to JK-Forum.com, please take a moment to sign-in, introduce yourself and show us your Jeep JK Wrangler!!

New guy from Mississippi, Need advice

Old 07-11-2011, 05:43 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New guy from Mississippi, Need advice

Hey guys this is my first post, been lurking for a couple weeks and this place rocks. Ive always wanted a jeep, and for some reason for the last month i cant get them off my brain. I know the 12 is about to be out, and i like the new motor, but should be able to get a killer deal on an 11 right now, and with the 0% apr, its hard to pass up.

So my delima is i already have a "fun" vehicle and cant afford another one(ive tried to crunch the numbers). I have a 2010 Challenger SRT with to many mods to list. I love my car but like i say i cant get a Jk off my mind. So would u trade the challenger for a JK? The Jeeps note would be lower, and i know i would love the jeep, but think i might regret the trade. I dont know what to do. I really want a jeep but just dont know. Please tell me what u guys think.

Heres some pics of my challenger, and some of the Jk im looking at trading for.

Old 07-11-2011, 05:47 PM
JK Enthusiast

I like Jeeps but I couldn't see me trading in a nice ride like that. That is definitely a tough decision. I would probably look for an older TJ to have some Jeep fun with.
Old 07-11-2011, 05:49 PM
JK Freak

I sold my 500hp Cadillac STS-V shortly after I bought my JK. After driving high performance cars for a long time it took some getting used to, but I haven't regretted it. I have more fun modding and driving the Jeep. With my cars, I never could use much of the performance without the hassle of going to the track. With the Jeep, I can yank the doors and the top off or find a trail and have a blast most any time.

My last three rides before the JK...

Click image for larger version

Name:	caddy.JPG
Views:	41
Size:	74.9 KB
ID:	181043Click image for larger version

Name:	front_med_rez.jpg
Size:	53.8 KB
ID:	181044Click image for larger version

Name:	lotus.jpg
Size:	67.0 KB
ID:	181045

Last edited by JohnnyQuik; 07-11-2011 at 05:54 PM.
Old 07-11-2011, 05:52 PM
JK Enthusiast

thats a whole lot of horsepower to give up I would definitely look into an older tj like the above post commented and build it up you wont be disappointed
Old 07-11-2011, 05:52 PM
JK Enthusiast

Johnny has a point there. I haven't owned a car since my grandma left me her 1987 Taurus shortly after I bought my first Jeep 1999.
Old 07-11-2011, 06:29 PM
JK Enthusiast

Thanks for the replys guys. I love my car, and its fun as shit, but ive had it know for almost two years and the excitment has faded a bit. I think i could use the jeep more around here as their are no legal tracks. And the jeep would be a whole new project. I really dont want a used jeep, i dont know why, just dont. And i love the detnator yellow paint and its optioned almost exactly like i would order it sans connectivity group, which i think i can live without.
Old 07-11-2011, 07:59 PM
JK Enthusiast

Before you get a Jeep, make sure you are prepared to more "Spartan" type of enjoyment. Do you like being off-road in harsh condition? Do you enjoy being out there without comfortable conditions around you? All that is part of owning a Jeep. If you want to buy a Jeep to show it off and expect it to be a pampering experience, it's a wrong route. I am not saying this is true about you, I am just trying to show another angle that you need to consider here. All performance cars are built for the road, I see very little difference. They are born to fly. Jeeps are built for off-road. Born to crawl. Jeeps happen to be on the pavement by mistake, because pavement chunks connect trails. A BIG mindset change. Are you up to it ?
Old 07-11-2011, 10:21 PM
JK Enthusiast

Totally depends on usage. Got long distances to commute comfortably or got a short trip to work/school and want to have a blast on the weekend. If you're gonna keep your car, customize it to your hearts content, but if you are gonna trade up I'd slow way down on the cutesy paint customization. Just me.
Old 07-12-2011, 07:49 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by armor
Before you get a Jeep, make sure you are prepared to more "Spartan" type of enjoyment. Do you like being off-road in harsh condition? Do you enjoy being out there without comfortable conditions around you? All that is part of owning a Jeep. If you want to buy a Jeep to show it off and expect it to be a pampering experience, it's a wrong route. I am not saying this is true about you, I am just trying to show another angle that you need to consider here. All performance cars are built for the road, I see very little difference. They are born to fly. Jeeps are built for off-road. Born to crawl. Jeeps happen to be on the pavement by mistake, because pavement chunks connect trails. A BIG mindset change. Are you up to it ?
I've done some wheeling before. My dd is a f150 fx4 that we use to take down some lite trails. But when it graduated to my work truck we stopped that. I wish I could keep the car and get the jeep, but I can't, and I think I could get a lot more use out of it, without fear of getting a speeding ticket. The jeep would also be about $200 cheaper a month than the challenger. But it would probably the same after all the mods to the jeep.
Old 07-12-2011, 10:01 AM
JK Enthusiast

or take that engine out, buy the jeep and swap out motors!

Quick Reply: New guy from Mississippi, Need advice