Notices
The New Member Registry If you're new to JK-Forum.com, please take a moment to sign-in, introduce yourself and show us your Jeep JK Wrangler!!

New jeep

Old 08-08-2012, 12:57 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New jeep

Hello all,
My name is lilcopter (jeff) and I just purchases a 2012 rubicon unlimited. I have always wanted a jeep to play with. I live in Colorado and with the exception of 6 years in the Army (27 months Iraq) I lived close or within driing distance to mountains. Have always had dirtbikes or ATV's. The first mods I plan for the jeep is: bumper/winch and 3 in lift. Look forward to any advice and will keep everyone updated.
Old 08-08-2012, 01:31 PM
JK Super Freak

First thank you for your service for our country and second welcome to the jeep world. WARNING unlike the service you are not aloud to leave the jeep world once you enter!

Spend some time on the forum, look at pictures, and use search it will become your best friend and before you know it you will be on your way with what you want.

I am a Terraflex man myself so I am bias to a lift but there are some great products out there for sure.
Old 08-08-2012, 02:05 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Welcome and thank you for your service
Old 08-08-2012, 02:33 PM
JK Enthusiast

Congrats and welcome aboard
Old 08-08-2012, 02:44 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Welcome

Welcome to the forum!

I'm an AEV 3.5" lift guy myself but as said earlier, there are many great options. Take your time, read plenty. There is a bundle of info shared here. Find rigs in person to see mods first hand. That always helped me with my choices. Enjoy!
Old 08-08-2012, 04:17 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by wittys-jk
First thank you for your service for our country and second welcome to the jeep world. WARNING unlike the service you are not aloud to leave the jeep world once you enter!

Spend some time on the forum, look at pictures, and use search it will become your best friend and before you know it you will be on your way with what you want.

I am a Terraflex man myself so I am bias to a lift but there are some great products out there for sure.
So far, with the research I have done, I am leaning toward Terraflex. Question; in your opinion, should I buy Terraflex kit with shocks or without shocks and buy shocks elsewhere? I would rather spend money and do it right the first time. And do you think Y pipe for exhaust or replace front drive shaft for proper clearance?
Old 08-08-2012, 04:25 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Lilcopter

So far, with the research I have done, I am leaning toward Terraflex. Question; in your opinion, should I buy Terraflex kit with shocks or without shocks and buy shocks elsewhere? I would rather spend money and do it right the first time. And do you think Y pipe for exhaust or replace front drive shaft for proper clearance?
I think its a matter of how deep your pockets are. Most people are using bilstien shocks. And i would just get a drive shaft.

Quick Reply: New jeep