JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion

JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/)
-   The New Member Registry (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/new-member-registry-21/)
-   -   New JK and new to the forum (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/new-member-registry-21/new-jk-new-forum-298296/)

hammond-jk 03-06-2014 12:14 PM

New JK and new to the forum

Hi all!

Just got my JK on 2/28. It is a manual 2014 Unlimited Sport JK with no frills, black :-)

Always wanted a wrangler since I was young and finally did it.

And probably like most, I want some lift, bigger tires, front and rear bumper upgrades, winch, and more.

I wanted to do the lift first but seems to be a lot to figure out and a little overwhelmed on what to do. I want to limit it to about 4K with the lift, wheels, and tires. Now wondering if I should just start with wheels and tires.

Overwhelmed but very happy with the JK.

k0260 03-06-2014 12:23 PM

Congrats! Welcome aboard the JK-Forum :D

Sent from iPhone moderating JK-Forum.com

red_dirtgirl513 03-06-2014 01:20 PM

Welcome aboard!! I'm jealous...I wanted either black or white, but the only manual trams they had was red when I bought mine. The salesmen couldn't believe that a girl refused to buy an automatic!
Lift, wheels and tires can definitely be done in that price range just depends on how big you wanna go! I did a 2.5" RC suspension lift for around $170 and got all 5 wheels and tires (16" MB TKO's with 285/75/16 (33" equivalent) from Discount Tire shipped to my front door for $1665. They give forum members a nice discount too! Mind you, my son and I installed the lift ourselves. But, it's a start....
Good luck and welcome to the addiction!!

lcole81185 03-06-2014 02:36 PM

Welcome,newbie my self

hammond-jk 03-06-2014 07:14 PM

Originally Posted by k0260 (Post 3854463)
Congrats! Welcome aboard the JK-Forum :D
Sent from iPhone moderating JK-Forum.com

Thanks! :)

Originally Posted by red_dirtgirl513 (Post 3854514)
Welcome aboard!! I'm jealous...I wanted either black or white, but the only manual trams they had was red when I bought mine. The salesmen couldn't believe that a girl refused to buy an automatic!
Lift, wheels and tires can definitely be done in that price range just depends on how big you wanna go! I did a 2.5" RC suspension lift for around $170 and got all 5 wheels and tires (16" MB TKO's with 285/75/16 (33" equivalent) from Discount Tire shipped to my front door for $1665. They give forum members a nice discount too! Mind you, my son and I installed the lift ourselves. But, it's a start....
Good luck and welcome to the addiction!!

Thanks. And I'm jealous back with yours already lifted. I was trying to get 35" size tires on mine. I haven't given up yet. :wink:

Originally Posted by lcole81185 (Post 3854548)
Welcome,newbie my self

Thank you!:thumbsup: