Notices
The New Member Registry If you're new to JK-Forum.com, please take a moment to sign-in, introduce yourself and show us your Jeep JK Wrangler!!

New JK and new to the forum

Old 03-06-2014, 12:14 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New JK and new to the forum

Hi all!

Just got my JK on 2/28. It is a manual 2014 Unlimited Sport JK with no frills, black :-)

Always wanted a wrangler since I was young and finally did it.

And probably like most, I want some lift, bigger tires, front and rear bumper upgrades, winch, and more.

I wanted to do the lift first but seems to be a lot to figure out and a little overwhelmed on what to do. I want to limit it to about 4K with the lift, wheels, and tires. Now wondering if I should just start with wheels and tires.

Overwhelmed but very happy with the JK.

Last edited by hammond-jk; 03-06-2014 at 12:15 PM. Reason: fixed typo of JK
Old 03-06-2014, 12:23 PM
JK Jedi

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Congrats! Welcome aboard the JK-Forum

Sent from iPhone moderating JK-Forum.com
Old 03-06-2014, 01:20 PM
JK Newbie

Welcome aboard!! I'm jealous...I wanted either black or white, but the only manual trams they had was red when I bought mine. The salesmen couldn't believe that a girl refused to buy an automatic!
Lift, wheels and tires can definitely be done in that price range just depends on how big you wanna go! I did a 2.5" RC suspension lift for around $170 and got all 5 wheels and tires (16" MB TKO's with 285/75/16 (33" equivalent) from Discount Tire shipped to my front door for $1665. They give forum members a nice discount too! Mind you, my son and I installed the lift ourselves. But, it's a start....
Good luck and welcome to the addiction!!
Old 03-06-2014, 02:36 PM
JK Newbie

Welcome,newbie my self
Old 03-06-2014, 07:14 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by k0260
Congrats! Welcome aboard the JK-Forum
Sent from iPhone moderating JK-Forum.com
Thanks!

Originally Posted by red_dirtgirl513
Welcome aboard!! I'm jealous...I wanted either black or white, but the only manual trams they had was red when I bought mine. The salesmen couldn't believe that a girl refused to buy an automatic!
Lift, wheels and tires can definitely be done in that price range just depends on how big you wanna go! I did a 2.5" RC suspension lift for around $170 and got all 5 wheels and tires (16" MB TKO's with 285/75/16 (33" equivalent) from Discount Tire shipped to my front door for $1665. They give forum members a nice discount too! Mind you, my son and I installed the lift ourselves. But, it's a start....
Good luck and welcome to the addiction!!
Thanks. And I'm jealous back with yours already lifted. I was trying to get 35" size tires on mine. I haven't given up yet.

Originally Posted by lcole81185
Welcome,newbie my self
Thank you!

Quick Reply: New JK and new to the forum