Notices
The New Member Registry If you're new to JK-Forum.com, please take a moment to sign-in, introduce yourself and show us your Jeep JK Wrangler!!

New JK, New to Jeeps

Old 03-25-2021, 07:24 AM
JK Newbie

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Default New JK, New to Jeeps

Greetings JKF,

Bought my first Jeep yesteday. For as long as I've been driving I've only ever owned/bought Fords. Nothing against other makes just something I always preferred. That all changed when I felt an urge to move on from our 2017 Explorer.

Yesterday I traded on a 2017 Sahara Unlimited 75th Annivsary Edition. Very excited about this new addition to our family. While I nearly always buy stock to provide me with a blank canvas to work with, this one came pretty well equipped from the start. I'll make some changes here and there but for now it suits me as it is.

Black with Bronze 75th accents. 29k miles on the clock... from what I can tell it might have a 2.5" Rubicon Express suspension on it. The front coils are stamped with RM60420. More research on that later. As far as the inside it's pretty well equipped with all the features and gadgets I was looking for. It is not without it's flaws but what used Jeep is. Service records are good so it was well cared for in that regard.

Looking foward to learning about the Wrangler here at JKF.

Thanks in advance,

Cheers,

Nemi
Old 03-25-2021, 07:58 AM
Super Moderator

Received 113 Likes on 103 Posts

That’s a nice looking Jeep, congrats! Unless the dealer replaced the wheels and tires, the Jeep hasn’t seen any hard wheeling which is a good thing for you buying a used Jeep.

Welcome to the forum. Stop by the JK specific forum and browse around. There’s a plethora of knowledge there that will help you out.
Old 03-25-2021, 08:06 AM
JK Newbie

Thanks SV_dude,

Pretty sure the wheels came this way from when the picked it up. CarFax shows 1 owner out of Alberta. Jeep was built and sold in Canada per the Window Sticker. After 3 years and very minimal mileage it Registered in Washington, then bought in Auction by a dealer in Ukiah, CA. The factory Spare was in the back with the 75th Bronze 17". Sort of wish I acquired all 5 to keep it complete but the Fuels that are on it are nice. Tires have great tread on it too. Will most likely get into trouble spending my work day browsing the JK forums. LOL,

Good to be here

Cheers

Last edited by Nemisus; 03-25-2021 at 08:47 AM. Reason: updated info
Old 03-25-2021, 01:09 PM
Super Moderator

Received 364 Likes on 340 Posts

Welcome...You Did Good "Grasshopper".. Very sharp Ride.. Like your thinking.. working with a Blank Canvas.. build it your way.
Old 03-25-2021, 02:30 PM
JK Newbie

Thanks Jay,

I am no stranger to a good shop with the right tools. Everything in my fleet I've done all the work myself usually starting from stock form. This JK will be the first "bought-modified" vehicle. I like the stance and the ride but I am still wondering what was actually installed? The front coils I was able to confirm are Rubicon Express 2.5". The rear I can't tell and clearly have been installed for a good while... same for the rear shocks. I can at least see they are Bilstein but the fronts are a mystery. Simple white bodied shocks with 21090 stamped in it. I suspect it was a basic RE 2.5? While it doesn't concerns me it is worthy of note... there is a good amount of surface rust on the underside. Most likely due to road salts being from Alberta.

Knowing me I'll remove it one weekend and see what's what and replace accordingly cleaning as I go. Overall I am satisfied and really just want to see what it can do.

Cheers and thanks for the welcome,

Nemi

Quick Reply: New JK, New to Jeeps