Notices
The New Member Registry If you're new to JK-Forum.com, please take a moment to sign-in, introduce yourself and show us your Jeep JK Wrangler!!

New JK owner from Akron, Ohio

Old 02-26-2008, 07:50 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile New JK owner from Akron, Ohio

Greetings Jeepers! Dan from Akron, Ohio reporting for duty. Not a hardcore Offroad Jeeper here, I've had aspirations to become one but never had the 'extra' money for that. Between a wife & 3 kids, and aggressively saving for retirement(don't want to work forever!), can't afford to break stuff! My Jeeps have been road rigs setup for mild offroad use. The only meccas where I've wheeled my Jeep has been Wellsville in Ohio and Silver Lake Sand Dunes up in western Michigan. Other than that just mud, dirt, and gravel roads locally when I find them. Luckily I have friends who can afford to build and trail kick a$$ Jeeps, which I ride shotgun in. Gotta get my kicks in somehow! When I retire at an early age, I'll build my monster Jeep.

New JK owner here but a lifelong Jeep owner, a family tradition. Mostly CJs with a Cherokee here and there. Just purchased a 2008 2dr JK X with the hard top & auto. Red rock in color, 17" rims. It is my new daily driver slated to get upgrades covering security, dress and comfort & convenient items. The only immediate beef coming will be rocker guards with some kind of built in steps, I want that type of protection plus the wife and kid are short.

My oldest Jeep is a 1986 CJ-7, auto 6cyl & a D44 factory rear. Bought in 1991 while serving in the Navy down in Florida. This CJ has given me tons of joy over the years except the last two. Once it hit the 20 year old mark, everything begun breaking down. I'd fix it, drive it for a month, then Bam! Something else breaks. I'm currently sitting on a brake issue and a carb swap problem. Throwing too much money at it so I parked it a year ago. Have to make a decision on it soon. Especially with the new JK sitting next to it now.

I used to be on the Jeep forums a lot about 5 years ago. Went by JeepDA, some of you older Jeep owners might remember me from that name. I go by hiking viking now, my geocaching handle. With the new JK, figured I troll the forums again and learn about my JK.

Signing off for now! Looking forward to learning more about this JK of mine!
Jeep on!
DanO, the hiking viking
Here's the pic of my Jeeps

Just a weird coincendence that they are practically the same color.
Old 02-26-2008, 08:31 AM
JK Newbie

very nice. welcome aboard.
Old 02-28-2008, 01:10 PM
JK Enthusiast

nice redrock dano
Old 02-28-2008, 01:44 PM
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

welcome to the site.
Old 02-28-2008, 02:26 PM
JK Junkie

welcome dan,i was born and raised in Xenia,ohio.

Quick Reply: New JK owner from Akron, Ohio