Notices
The New Member Registry If you're new to JK-Forum.com, please take a moment to sign-in, introduce yourself and show us your Jeep JK Wrangler!!

New JK owner - Arizona

Old 04-09-2008, 09:06 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New JK owner - Arizona

Hello everyone - I am new to these forums and wanted to introduce myself.

I purchased my 08 Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited on March 10, 2008. General specs are Auto, Power Group, Tow Group, My Gig, Hard Top, and Remote Start. Rock chips are horrible out here so I bought a bra to protect the front and hood and I’m saving for the big mods – lift, tires/wheels, cage, bumpers, winch etc. It’s going to take me a while to get all the things I want, but it will eventually get there!

The JK is new, but I’m not new to Jeeps. I SPOILED myself with my first Jeep buildup. I saved up $40k cash, ordered a 01 TJ from the factory and took it from stock to built/locked daily driver/rock crawler in 6 weeks. (see pics below) I had an absolute blast with that jeep, met a lot of great people in the AZ jeep community, and went on some great 4-wheeling trips, including Moab, UT. I sold that jeep in 2005 because I took a job that had me driving a ton (gas $$$) and it paid for a very nice, and expensive, wedding. Paying cash for that wedding allowed my wife and I to build a nice home in Gold Canyon.

I had the itch for a hot rod so bought and slightly moded a 400+HP 05 Pontiac GTO. I enjoyed that car for a couple years, then my wife and I had our first daughter in 10/07, and are going to be trying for another soon so it was time for a 4-door. I sold my GTO Saturday 3/8 and picked up the JK (ya 4-doors!) on 3/10. I could not be happier. Owning a wrangler again feels like coming home from a long trip you don’t want to be on, it just feels “right”.

I have attached 4 pictures below. First is the New JK after a couple coats of Zaino. Second is the salesperson from Polo Jeep in Muncie, IN putting the temp plates on my 01 TJ, 3rd is that same TJ 6 weeks later, 4th is one of my first runs in the TJ - Raw Deal, north of Phoenix.

It’s great finding this very active JK community on JK-Forum.com – I look forward to meeting some of you fellow AZ JK’ers in the near future.

-Mark

My Stock TJ

6 weeks later (mods: RE Long-arm, ARB Lockers, .456 gears, 35" MTR's on Centerline Hellcats, Kilby skid plates, Hanson Enterprises Rear Bumper, Four X Doctor Rockers, ARB Bull bumper and Warn 9000 winch, IPF lights, Optima Yellow Top, Garmin GPS, Alpine - Orion - PPI stereo system.) - not shown, Garvin roof rack, powertank.

Raw Deal

Old 04-09-2008, 01:52 PM
JK Junkie

Glad you're going to make it Sunday to our Meet & Greet. I think I've seen that TJ around, it looks familiar. Hopefully we'll get some runs going soon, you'll be more than pleased with the performance of the 4-door.
Old 04-09-2008, 02:37 PM
JK Junkie

Welcome to the forum! That is one sick TJ! Im looking forward to seeing what you do to your new rubicon.
Old 04-09-2008, 07:44 PM
JK Enthusiast

WELCOME ABOARD.. This is a great place, BAD A#SS TJ cant wait to see the new one look like that.
Old 04-09-2008, 07:50 PM
JK Junkie

nice work,welcome to the forum.
Old 04-09-2008, 08:02 PM
JK Jedi

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Talking Nice ride

Old 04-09-2008, 09:12 PM
JK Enthusiast

Hi Templar, Welcome to the forum.....Now let's get that Black JK out on the trails.

Quick Reply: New JK owner - Arizona