Notices
The New Member Registry If you're new to JK-Forum.com, please take a moment to sign-in, introduce yourself and show us your Jeep JK Wrangler!!

New JK Owner in Cleveland Tennessee-advice?

Old 07-10-2011, 01:17 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New JK Owner in Cleveland Tennessee-advice?

Guys I just purchased a 07 lifted red jeep with a 4'in skyjacker lift from Florida and drove it all the way back up to tennesse. And let me just say i was a little worried at first from riding in some of my friends the rattle and noise at the high speeds on the interstate but i was shocked my jeep drove and road like a dang champ and had no problems and actually enjoyed the ride. The jeep has 35in tires along with front and rear aftermarket bumber and a 9000 lbs wench. also rubicon rock rails. And that is to name a few of the upgrades that are on the jeep but there is some more stuff. I have a 4.10 gear in my jeep and want to know and am affriad to put anything higher in it just cause i have grown up around hot rods and know that putting a high gear in a car is different.
I know its a jeep and not a mpg champ but would love to get more would a different gear help? I do a good bit of interestae driving.
Also what is the best intake to go with and after an itake i would look into a snorkel I would love advice on the best set up for that aspect.
How about what is the best programers/chips?
how about headers will it help any?
jeep has one flow master under it but soon going to change to dual exahust.

Just would love some help and tips for a bit better mpg getting about 12-14now. If possiable 17 would be great. Thanks guys and any other tips would be appreciative!
Old 07-10-2011, 01:33 PM
JK Enthusiast

i hate to say it but getting 17+mpg with 35" tires is very unlikely even with gears and a programer.
Old 07-10-2011, 08:11 PM
JK Newbie

i think it is to but i have heard of other jk jeeps around my area getting tht

Quick Reply: New JK Owner in Cleveland Tennessee-advice?