Notices
The New Member Registry If you're new to JK-Forum.com, please take a moment to sign-in, introduce yourself and show us your Jeep JK Wrangler!!

New JK owner, not new to Jeeps.

Old 04-02-2013, 12:07 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New JK owner, not new to Jeeps.

Hello,

I'm the proud owner of a new 2013 Wrangler Unlimited 4dr. It is my 2nd Wrangler and my 5th Jeep. Its the best one yet, commando green with a hard top. It's completely stock and probably will stay that way. My warrenty doesn't cover afermarket mods unless the dealer does it, and that costs way to much. I was lucky enough to be offered a lifetime warrenty from Mopar and jumped on it. It covers everthing except body damage and consumables like brake pads. So I'm going to drive it until the tires fall off, then I'm going to the dealer and have it put back together for a small $100 deductable.

I was brought to the forum looking for other people in Southern California that want to do more than just get our Jeeps muddy. I'm really into offroading with a purpose. Exploring historical places that are hard to reach, fossil searching and maybe even prospecting out in the desert for gems and precious metals. As everyone on here will probably agree when you are in hostil environments, it's best to have another Jeep that can tow you out of the mud. Or a convoy to enjoy the trip with.
Old 04-04-2013, 05:04 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default Pic of the new wrangler

The color is what really grabbed me. I looked at my wife and said, "that is what color a Jeep should be, OD green." This pic is from the day I brought it home. I've added some running boards and back seat handles so the wife and daughters can get in easier.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	JeepWrangler.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	89.5 KB
ID:	442476  
Old 04-04-2013, 08:13 AM
JK Enthusiast

Welcome to the community.
Old 04-04-2013, 02:51 PM
JK Newbie

How did you score a lifetime warranty and how much did it cost? I just picked up my new 13 jku Sahara last night and wasn't given that option.
Old 04-04-2013, 03:01 PM
JK Newbie

Welcome, and Congrats on the purchase, I have always liked that color on a Jeep. Watch the warranty. I am going through an issue with my wife's 09 grand Cherokee. We were sold a lifetime bumper to bumper warranty, but that is not what it is. The bumper to bumper that they offered at the time really only covers about 500 parts. Same $100 deductible. If I recall I just looked at the jeep website a few weeks ago when this warranty issue came up ( about 3 months out of factory warranty) and the highest warranty they offer is 5000 parts. It doesn't seem too bad, but definatly is not bumper to bumper. I am fighting this issue now with the dealer, but all the people that were involved are gone. I am sure they didn't give you any warranty papers when you bought it. They will come in the mail within 30 days. Read it all over. I am not sure if the warranty you got is the same as we were sold, but if it is, beware.
Old 04-05-2013, 05:05 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Willcorr17
How did you score a lifetime warranty and how much did it cost? I just picked up my new 13 jku Sahara last night and wasn't given that option.
It is called a "Maximum Care" warrenty, it cost about $4500, it's a Mopar warrenty. There was a choice between a 7 year extended or a lifetime. I'm pretty sure they wouldn't only offer it out here in CA. I'd go back and ask your dealership about it. It's worth it, I keep my Jeeps for at least 10 years.

The warrenty is suppose to cover everything except consumables like break pads and stuff. It also doesn't cover body damage, but my insurance should cover that. It also doesn't cover after market parts unless they are installed by chrysler's service people.

Last edited by groovebus; 04-05-2013 at 05:15 AM.

Quick Reply: New JK owner, not new to Jeeps.