Notices
The New Member Registry If you're new to JK-Forum.com, please take a moment to sign-in, introduce yourself and show us your Jeep JK Wrangler!!

New to the JK world...and obsessed!!

Old 01-29-2011, 07:43 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New to the JK world...and obsessed!!

Just wanted to say hello to everyone here...and say that I finally GET IT!...

I've been a Jeep owner for years: 1989 Grand Wagoneer, 99 Cherokee Sport, 00 Grand Cherokee, but my new 10 JK is by far my favorite of them all...it is unstoppable!...even in the 60" of snow we have received here in central MA.

The only problem I have is that it sucks up all my money! Thank God I have no kids or a wife...because they might go hungry! I just ordered the Teraflex 2.5 lift, and am about to order the Toyo MT 295/70/17 tires to fill it out...it really never stops.

Anyways, I totally get the Wrangler thing now...I honestly don't think I'll own another kind of vehicle. This baby has me spoiled! I'm glad I'm a teacher so I can have fun with this baby in the summer!!![ATTACH]122365
Just sayin' HI to all, and feel free to shout out!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	005.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	84.9 KB
ID:	122365  
Old 01-29-2011, 08:01 AM
JK Freak

Welcome to the Jeep Life.
Old 01-29-2011, 08:19 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by ludski
looks good man.
im pretty new too. love it.
just wanted to give you a formal welcome.
Hey thanks! I love the look of your wheels/tires...out of curiosity, how much louder are they on road? Im not too concerned because I'm always blasting the radio...but I am curious.
Old 01-29-2011, 08:37 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

welcome to the forum you will love the 2.5 teraflex lift and the toyo
Old 01-29-2011, 08:47 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by letzgo86
Just wanted to say hello to everyone here...and say that I finally GET IT!...

I've been a Jeep owner for years: 1989 Grand Wagoneer, 99 Cherokee Sport, 00 Grand Cherokee, but my new 10 JK is by far my favorite of them all...it is unstoppable!...even in the 60" of snow we have received here in central MA.

The only problem I have is that it sucks up all my money! Thank God I have no kids or a wife...because they might go hungry! I just ordered the Teraflex 2.5 lift, and am about to order the Toyo MT 295/70/17 tires to fill it out...it really never stops.

Anyways, I totally get the Wrangler thing now...I honestly don't think I'll own another kind of vehicle. This baby has me spoiled! I'm glad I'm a teacher so I can have fun with this baby in the summer!!!122365
Just sayin' HI to all, and feel free to shout out!
Where abouts in mass do u live? I use to live in Haverhill and my friends r telling me they r getting slammed this winter
Old 01-29-2011, 08:56 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by letzgo86

Hey thanks! I love the look of your wheels/tires...out of curiosity, how much louder are they on road? Im not too concerned because I'm always blasting the radio...but I am curious.
I don't mean to but in on that question u have regarding wheels but with me being from mass I figured I could chime in. If u r looking for an aggressive looking wheel and on that makes very little to almost no noise on the road AND is AMAZING in all terrain especially the SNOW is the "Goodyear Duratrac". I have them in 35 inches and this past year I think of how awesome they would be if i still lived in mass. I love in GA now and it snowed here 8 inches which for us northerners is nothing but the problem here is they don't really plow or put down salt and I went out in it and was pretty much the only guy in the streets. From one Masshole to another trust me on the Goodyear Duratracs
Old 01-29-2011, 09:05 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Bingbola
Where abouts in mass do u live? I use to live in Haverhill and my friends r telling me they r getting slammed this winter
I live in Bolton, which is off exit 27 on 495...yeah, we've had like 60" or so...so far!

Its awesome with the new JK because it makes me want to go out MORE with the snow! Its even better than the grand cherokee, which surprises me because its not as heavy!
Old 01-29-2011, 09:16 AM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Welcome to the addiction, or rehab, whatever you wanna call it!
Old 01-29-2011, 12:18 PM
JK Newbie

Your jeep looks nice. I just started modifying my jeep too. So far, I have the tereflex leveling kit and 305/65/17 mickey thompson baja atz's on 17x9 mickey thompson sidebiter wheels. I really like the wider stance my jeep has now. I think you are going to really enjoy the new wheels and tires.
Old 01-29-2011, 12:25 PM
JK Enthusiast

cool man enjoy!!!

Quick Reply: New to the JK world...and obsessed!!