Notices
The New Member Registry If you're new to JK-Forum.com, please take a moment to sign-in, introduce yourself and show us your Jeep JK Wrangler!!

New JKer, Clinton TN/ Fairbanks AK

Old 06-16-2013, 03:43 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New JKer, Clinton TN/ Fairbanks AK

Hello everyone!

I'm cspradlin, and I'm new to both Jeeping, Offroading, and even mroe specifically JKs. I've owned my JK for about a year now, though I've only driven it for a number of weeks.
I'm in the Army and currently stationed in Fairbanks, Alaska. I don't have my Jeep up here--I didn't own it when I was stationed, and I didn't purchase it here. I purchased my 2011 Oscar Mike via Exchange New Cars Sales while I was deployed, and they couldn't ship it to Fairbanks. So, I had it shipped home. While I was home, I did manage to go on some really easy trails. I went by myself for the first trail, as it was simply a wilderness appreciation trail that I didn't even need 4wd for. The rest of the trails I went on, the local club kindly let me join them on their easier rides. It was fun, and I look forward to my next leave, which is coming up in July. I was amazed at what I could do in a stock Jeep, even compared to those on the trip with modified rigs. One of them was a lifted TJ with bigger tires and new gears, and I was doing everything he could PLUS some. I will say, he didn't have lockers and I had a limited slip rear. The other on the trip was an older JK that was completely set up, and he really got me hooked in.
I look forward to getting more done to my Jeep so I can do some of the more challenging trails, since I have two OHV parks nearby!

2011 Jeep Wrangler "Oscar Mike"
Pretty much a Sahara with Rubicon tires
Sahara Tan
Painted hardtop and flares
Custom front bumper

Purchased, but not installed yet
Warn 650D auxiliary lights with windshield brackets
Superchips Flashcal

next on the purchase list:
Teraflex 2.5-3" coil lift
JKS Quicker Disconnects
Snorkel of some kind, though I'm REALLY looking for one that I don't have to cut anything. No luck so far.
Breather tube extensions
New rocker guards/steps, something lower than the frame
Old 06-16-2013, 06:44 PM
Super Moderator

Received 80 Likes on 72 Posts

Welcome to the forum and thanks for your service! How far is Clinton from Nashville?
Old 06-17-2013, 08:44 PM
JK Newbie

About 170-180 miles, three hours give or take.

Clinton is alllll the way in the point, while Nashville is pretty much in the center.
Old 06-18-2013, 09:35 AM
JK Newbie

Welcome
i'm a nooblet here too
Clinton to Nashville is about 2.5 hours give or take..

Really wanted to say welcome and Thank you for serving!

Peace out....

From Knoxville
Old 06-18-2013, 10:17 AM
Sponsoring Vendor
ORW Representative

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Welcome to the forum and thank you for your service! I don't know if any of us could survive without our freedom to Jeep!

Quick Reply: New JKer, Clinton TN/ Fairbanks AK