Notices
The New Member Registry If you're new to JK-Forum.com, please take a moment to sign-in, introduce yourself and show us your Jeep JK Wrangler!!

New from Kentucky

Old 07-18-2017, 04:59 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New from Kentucky

First time JK owner, and couldn't imagine being without it. 2012 Sahara Unlimited, Sahara Tan, 6 speed. Trying to find the best Headlight/Taillight options now. Just finished installing the soft top for summer and 1 3/4 budget boost.
Old 07-18-2017, 11:33 PM
Former Vendor

Received 37 Likes on 36 Posts

Hey @ flexappeal,

I'd suggest you to go with a set of custom-built headlights developed by Lumen for your JK specifically. Those 7" headlights are manufactured to enhance your visibility greatly and improve the overall look of your Jeep.

Headlights: https://www.carid.com/2012-jeep-wrangler-headlights/

You'll manage to find a matching set of tails here:

Tail Lights: https://www.carid.com/2012-jeep-wrangler-taillights/

Engineered to fit 2012 Jeep Wrangler models.

Make sure to check the link below, in case you decide to replace your fogs as well:

https://www.carid.com/2012-jeep-wrangler-fog-lights/

Let me know if you have questions or need a quote.
Old 07-19-2017, 08:33 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,818 Likes on 1,588 Posts

Two schools of thought on headlights/taillights. Go with cheap LEDs and replace when needed, or pay up and go with name brand. My personal opinion is to stick with a name brand manufacture that has been around and stood the test of time....KC, Trucklight, JW Speaker, etc, ... even Quadratec. Those are safety items that you will use every day, don't skimp. I'd rather pay up for a quality headlight and have to keep the factory tails if budget dictated. One thing is for certain.....our factory lights suck.
Old 07-19-2017, 10:21 AM
Super Moderator

Received 114 Likes on 108 Posts

Welcome to JK-Forum and what he said ^^^^ about the headlamps.
Old 07-21-2017, 02:46 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That was the first thing I noticed about the headlights! They are awful. I was torn between the HID and the LED, heat with the HID and the flicker with LED. I don't want to skimp on them, that is for sure. But, I didn't even think of the quadratec brand. Thanks, I hope to have some pics up soon!
Old 07-21-2017, 05:44 PM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,818 Likes on 1,588 Posts

Originally Posted by flexappeal
That was the first thing I noticed about the headlights! They are awful. I was torn between the HID and the LED, heat with the HID and the flicker with LED. I don't want to skimp on them, that is for sure. But, I didn't even think of the quadratec brand. Thanks, I hope to have some pics up soon!
They've really worked out the kinks with led's. You should have flicker issues unless you go with some cheap ebay light. Personally, I'd take LED over HID any day.
Old 07-24-2017, 07:01 AM
Former Vendor

Received 37 Likes on 36 Posts

@ resharp001

Really nice choice on KC HiLiTES and J.W. Speaker, great brands, excellent quality. We actually offer their products on our website as well.

@ flexappeal

Let us know if you need more details on each set, we are available 24/7.

Last edited by carid; 07-24-2017 at 07:05 AM.

Quick Reply: New from Kentucky