Notices
The New Member Registry If you're new to JK-Forum.com, please take a moment to sign-in, introduce yourself and show us your Jeep JK Wrangler!!

New and LOST, PLEASE HELP!!!

Old 08-21-2020, 08:55 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New and LOST, PLEASE HELP!!!

So my first was a 97 TJ.
we bought the JK because it had everything i wanted..
put some stuff in, Tom Woods shaft in front,, planning rear next.
just put new tie rod, tie rid ends, drag link, drag link end.
Started out because it was just trying to drive where it wanted.. sometimes left.. sometimes right. Every day was a white knuckle day. Did some reading and inspections. All 4 were shot,, drag link, link end to pittman, bot tie rod ends.
gnmwnt.just rebuilt it all.
and now, it'll drive ok, but then from time to time will head either right or left
​​from.im looking for some feedback...should I just take it in for an alignment?
does that sound like might be it?
I've read that all I really have left is steering box and pittman arm.... it has a lift. Cannot for the life of me find reputable data on how to figure out the lift height. Was told 6".
just kinda lost here, keep seeing posts here when I google stuff, hoping to find a home here!
Pls help!
Put some pics of her on here, thr one with no fender was how I bought it. Not a fan of deletes.

Old 08-21-2020, 09:45 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,827 Likes on 1,597 Posts

Take some pictures of the control arm mounts at the axle and frame side, and take pics from the front so we can see your track bar, DL, and pitman arm. Guessing you probably have low caster. Getting an alignment so you have the actual specs isn't a bad idea though. knowledge is power. They can only really center your steering wheel and set the toe. Even if you opt to not have them do that, they should give you the sheet with the specs on it. Post those up if you do go. If the caster is low, there are a couple ways to correct that.

Quick Reply: New and LOST, PLEASE HELP!!!