Notices
The New Member Registry If you're new to JK-Forum.com, please take a moment to sign-in, introduce yourself and show us your Jeep JK Wrangler!!

New Member from Edmonton Area in Alberta Canada

Old 06-23-2020, 09:20 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Member from Edmonton Area in Alberta Canada

Hello everyone, I just joined the forum and purchased a used Jeep Wrangler Sahara Unlimited. I already have some plans for it but need to sort out how to do them all. lol

The Jeep has the alpine speaker upgrade in it, but just a basic head unit. What would people recommend to replace that? I was wondering about getting an upgraded unit from a different Chrysler/Jeep product that would allow me to install a back up camera. Or just save for a Apple CarPlay Pioneer unit with a Maestro RR

Old 06-23-2020, 11:36 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,827 Likes on 1,597 Posts

I'm not an audiophile so I can't help with your question, but I will extend a warm welcome to the forum!
Old 06-23-2020, 10:05 PM
JK Super Freak
FJOTM Winner

Received 210 Likes on 197 Posts

Welcome.... I tend to use lower quality sound systems... so I'm not sure how to direct you there... but use the search feature... and you will find all sorts of installs of different sound systems and the reviews and results!
Old 06-24-2020, 06:30 AM
JK Newbie

Sounds good. Thank you.
Old 09-17-2020, 03:52 PM
JK Newbie

Greetings fellow Edmontonian. Not much help on automotive stereo stuff - but if you are keen on other changes to the vehicle, those options I may have some local insight and help to offer. (My last stereo purchase was Nuance towers like 20 years ago from that International Stereo place in the WEM haha) ...always settled for the factory stuff since then in cars as modern vehicles all seemed to have decent set ups... ...however if YOU have any know how why this 2013 stock Jeep system insists on filing every album I put into it alphabetically instead of track listing I am all ears please! haha ...or why it does not copy the changes I make to song tracks and titles on my computer to mp3 device to Jeep ... cause its driving me insane. Truly. It maybe already did. haha
Old 09-17-2020, 04:01 PM
JK Newbie

Unfortunately I can’t even hook up a. MP3 device to my Jeep
Old 09-17-2020, 04:05 PM
JK Newbie

Oh? What year of Jeep did you purchase?
Pretty sure my little beat up 2008 Dodge Calibre could take a mp3 hook up.
Old 09-17-2020, 04:08 PM
JK Newbie

2014 Sahara. I can hook up an MP3 player through aux. but my phone doesn’t have a headphone jack. There is no Bluetooth at all
Old 09-17-2020, 04:14 PM
JK Newbie

I have a 2013 Jeep ... um, whats your stereo dash look like. There should be a usb plug in spot right? Basically what I use for the mp3 player to transfer data/songs into the Jeep computer memory or whatever its technical name is ... but certainly a 2014 should have a blue tooth option in the vehicle as my 2013 does.

Get phone calls all the time from the kid or the ex on my short drive home cutting into songs as the phone call goes over the Jeep stereo system - certainly yours must have the same feature being a year newer.
Old 09-17-2020, 04:24 PM
JK Newbie

It has the lowest end stereo. No blue tooth. No USB. And not even a phone button unfortunately

Quick Reply: New Member from Edmonton Area in Alberta Canada