Notices
The New Member Registry If you're new to JK-Forum.com, please take a moment to sign-in, introduce yourself and show us your Jeep JK Wrangler!!

New Member from Houston

Old 07-22-2015, 07:03 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Member from Houston

New member here with a 2014 Anvil JKUR-X. I've done some little mods here and there but am about to add a 3.5 RK Stage 2 lift, Weld Rekons, 315/70/17 Duratracs, and EVO sliders...this has been an expensive summer!
Old 07-22-2015, 07:11 AM
JK Junkie

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Welcome to JKF! Yeah it's not a cheap hobby building up a rig. Post a pic when you get a chance.
Old 07-22-2015, 07:32 AM
JK Freak

Welcome to the sickness! Originally from Dickinson myself. Migrated to North Texas in 1999 and been here ever since.

Looks like you have a pretty good plan in place so far. You'll love the RK lift! Might consider going with a different tire, though. Not that there's anything wrong with Duratracs....I'm just not a fan of GOodyear rubber. Tends to be a little on the soft side for my taste and wears out fairly quickly. If you want a tire that won't destroy the budget, is pretty true to size, wears really well, and performs great on and off-road, look at the Nitto Trail Grappler in 35x12.50-17. I've been running them in 37x12.50-17 for over 40k miles and can't say enough about them. I'll likely have to replace them in the next 5k-10k miles, as they're pretty worn at this point, but my Jeep isn't a daily driver, so it's not a high priority for now.

Again...welcome and definitley post pics before and after the goodies are installed!
Old 07-23-2015, 12:33 PM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Welcome to JK Forum and good luck with the build!

Be sure to post up any questions or issues you may have. There is a huge wealth of knowledge around here!

Old 07-23-2015, 12:53 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Welcome to the forum
Old 07-27-2015, 06:42 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by RubiBus
Welcome to the sickness! Originally from Dickinson myself. Migrated to North Texas in 1999 and been here ever since.

Looks like you have a pretty good plan in place so far. You'll love the RK lift! Might consider going with a different tire, though. Not that there's anything wrong with Duratracs....I'm just not a fan of GOodyear rubber. Tends to be a little on the soft side for my taste and wears out fairly quickly. If you want a tire that won't destroy the budget, is pretty true to size, wears really well, and performs great on and off-road, look at the Nitto Trail Grappler in 35x12.50-17. I've been running them in 37x12.50-17 for over 40k miles and can't say enough about them. I'll likely have to replace them in the next 5k-10k miles, as they're pretty worn at this point, but my Jeep isn't a daily driver, so it's not a high priority for now.

Again...welcome and definitley post pics before and after the goodies are installed!
Thanks...I'm not 100% sold on the duratrac, was looking at it from a weight perspective but i'll take a look at the nitto's.
Old 07-27-2015, 11:27 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by RubiBus
Welcome to the sickness! Originally from Dickinson myself. Migrated to North Texas in 1999 and been here ever since. Looks like you have a pretty good plan in place so far. You'll love the RK lift! Might consider going with a different tire, though. Not that there's anything wrong with Duratracs....I'm just not a fan of GOodyear rubber. Tends to be a little on the soft side for my taste and wears out fairly quickly. If you want a tire that won't destroy the budget, is pretty true to size, wears really well, and performs great on and off-road, look at the Nitto Trail Grappler in 35x12.50-17. I've been running them in 37x12.50-17 for over 40k miles and can't say enough about them. I'll likely have to replace them in the next 5k-10k miles, as they're pretty worn at this point, but my Jeep isn't a daily driver, so it's not a high priority for now. Again...welcome and definitley post pics before and after the goodies are installed!
That's funny I have duratracs 315/70/r17 and rotate all 5 every 10k for the past 50k and they look great, I don't see not getting another 20k out of them! Probably more! But I do like the trail grapplers as well, did you rotate all 5?
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3281341902.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	502.7 KB
ID:	619482  

Quick Reply: New Member from Houston