Notices
The New Member Registry If you're new to JK-Forum.com, please take a moment to sign-in, introduce yourself and show us your Jeep JK Wrangler!!

New Member......and looking for advice

Old 05-19-2013, 11:35 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Member......and looking for advice

Hello all!

Having enjoyed TJ's for years, after renting a JK for a weekend I was hooked. I enjoy the "topless" aspect, but I have really been taken with the quality of the ride.

Now I am looking for advice......I want to customize my JK, but I don't want to sacrifice ride quality, and really enjoy how quiet my current stock tires are. Reading through information here, and other places online it appears that some lifts and larger tires will stiffen the ride, and make it less user friendly. What are your thoughts?

Thanks in advance!
Old 05-19-2013, 12:04 PM
JK Jedi

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Welcome to the JK-Forum. Checkout the different threads concerning lifts and ride characteristics in the 'forum' section, 'modified JK tech', and 'suspension, lift kits'. Using the search box on the upper right of your page, you'll find a ton of info here about all the different lifts and full details of how every kit performs etc from members here.
Old 05-19-2013, 12:30 PM
JK Junkie
FJOTM Winner

Received 202 Likes on 184 Posts

Originally Posted by sig229fan
Hello all!

Having enjoyed TJ's for years, after renting a JK for a weekend I was hooked. I enjoy the "topless" aspect, but I have really been taken with the quality of the ride.

Now I am looking for advice......I want to customize my JK, but I don't want to sacrifice ride quality, and really enjoy how quiet my current stock tires are. Reading through information here, and other places online it appears that some lifts and larger tires will stiffen the ride, and make it less user friendly. What are your thoughts?

Thanks in advance!
I like a soft ride as well, and good high-speed handling as well as trail handling. High reliability and low maintenance are high on my priorities too. You can look at my profile to see the way mine is set up, but ride quality is very subjective. Anyway, consider a minimalistic approach - Load range C tires in the 32" range (keep your existing tires?) and a smallish lift in the 3/4" to 2" range.

Quick Reply: New Member......and looking for advice