Notices
The New Member Registry If you're new to JK-Forum.com, please take a moment to sign-in, introduce yourself and show us your Jeep JK Wrangler!!

New Member Virginia Beach, VA

Old 04-21-2016, 05:20 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Member Virginia Beach, VA

Just wanted to say whats up and introduce myself. My name is Rob I am originally from Stamford, CT. I have been in the navy for almost 18years and am currently living in Virginia Beach, Va. Just bought my 2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon Hard Rock almost 2 weeks ago. I am very new to jeeps I've always wanted one but just never have for some reason. I have finally decided to take the plunge. This will be a very slow build, as i want to thoroughly research everything so I build this thing properly. I am a Form=Function kind of guy so I will take my time and make sure its up to my specifications. Hope to meet some of you along the way and pick your brains for knowledge!
Old 04-21-2016, 05:47 PM
Super Moderator

Received 114 Likes on 108 Posts

Welcome to the forum!
Old 04-21-2016, 06:46 PM
Super Moderator
FJOTM Winner

Received 483 Likes on 440 Posts

I'm local to the area if you decide you'd like to see a few things hands-on before purchasing. The internet and 64 are two completely different places.
Old 04-21-2016, 06:59 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Welcome, I am also local in VB. Feel free to ask any questions you may have!!
Old 04-22-2016, 08:07 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by karls10jk
I'm local to the area if you decide you'd like to see a few things hands-on before purchasing. The internet and 64 are two completely different places.
Originally Posted by AlexjeepVb
Welcome, I am also local in VB. Feel free to ask any questions you may have!!

I appreciate the offer, i'd love to get together with fellow jeepers. Are there any local groups or anything like that? I also i agree in person is much better then the internet!
Old 04-22-2016, 09:10 AM
JK Newbie

Welcome from northeastern NC. Hope you enjoy.
Old 04-22-2016, 12:09 PM
Super Moderator
FJOTM Winner

Received 483 Likes on 440 Posts

There are plenty of groups in the area and I encourage you to try them before you buy. Try them with a grain of salt though. Reading too much into any particular group will have you spending unnecessary money. Other groups are full of fools who just want to tear things up.

There is a show and shine at Starr Motors, May 9th I think. That may give you a good shot to check out some folks and acquaint yourself with the types of people we've got in the area. That being said- I do not belong to any group, rather I've got a group of friends that I help out with their jeeps.
Old 04-24-2016, 11:29 PM
Former Vendor

Received 37 Likes on 36 Posts

Welcome to the site, Rob and congrats on your Jeep! Post few pictures when you have a chance. You're joining a great community. Folks here are very willing to help and share information. Enjoy your time here!

Quick Reply: New Member Virginia Beach, VA