Notices
The New Member Registry If you're new to JK-Forum.com, please take a moment to sign-in, introduce yourself and show us your Jeep JK Wrangler!!

New In Northern Ohio

Old 01-11-2012, 02:49 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New In Northern Ohio

Hello, I just picked up a 2009 Unlimited Rubicon, in Detonator Yellow. Yellow wasn't my 1st 2nd or 3rd color choice, but the Jeep had everything else I wanted. My wife loves yellow, so that made the purchase easier.

This is my third Jeep. I had a 95 Rio Grande and a 03 TJ Sport. The JK is quite evolved compared to my old Rio Grande. I love it so far.

I'll be doing a lot of reading to learn about wheel/tire combinations for the Rubicon.
Old 01-11-2012, 03:39 AM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Welcome to the forum from North Carolina!! If your wife likes the color then that's half the battle. Tell her it will look even better lifted with 35's and black rims!!
Old 01-11-2012, 05:22 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default NE Ohio

Fairly new to forum. I live in Chardon, OH. I have an 08 JK X 2dr that is my wife's daily driver. Jeep was stock in August when we took it wheeling for the first time. She had never been before, and got hooked. 15 minutes into it she asked "can we get a lift?" Music to my ears... I have had several off road rigs, but this is my first Jeep. Since then it got, a RK 2.5" max travel lift with 5100's, Smitty SRC front bumper, Smitty SRC Rocker Guards, PJ EVAP Relo, Custom exhaust wth flowmaster off road muffler, Cobra 75, ARB on board air, K&N, Heated seats(for the wife), BRAND NEW RUBICON CRATE AXLES! front and rear, Ultra Nomad Wheels, Custom rear bumper with tire carrier, fog lights, custom switch panel, and more. 35's are on order! The site has been a great help with the build, and look forward to more mods. I also got my dad hooked as he just picked up a 12 JK Rubicon 2dr, and has more mods than I do waiting in the garage!
Old 01-31-2012, 03:49 PM
JK Newbie

Default Amherst isn't that big....

I see you live in Amherst... I do too!!! It's not all that big and i suspect i havn't seen many Yellow JK's around that i am sure i'll catch you... I have a 09 JK that is dark green... I am one of the only ppl around here with a trek top in the summer... There is another guy that is a member with a treck top and his is black.. I think he lives in the Vermilion area though... saw him at Romps Dary Dock... We will have to get in touch when you want to go wheeling.. I have yet to go because I havn't found anyone to go or know where to go really... I know Baumhart Rd but have not gotten enough guts to go back there myself. I live in the Hidden Valley neighborhood. Congrats on the purchase and expecially on the enthusiastic wife! lol Mine said i can do whatever as long as she can still get in and I can get the kids in.

Russ
Old 01-31-2012, 04:51 PM
JK Enthusiast

a lot of jk's out of cleveland and columbus are headed to southington this weekend -pm if you are interested
Old 01-31-2012, 05:57 PM
JK Newbie

Default Portage County Jeep Club

Check out portagecountyjeepclub.org we will be out at southington this weekend! Hope to see you out . --Matt
Old 01-31-2012, 06:21 PM
JK Newbie

I was just reading about that... I don't think I am going to have my jeep this weekend... It will be at the stealership letting them scratch their heads at my death wobble problem. Maybe I can take thier loaner they are giving me out!!!!

Thanks for invite and really hope to catch one of these soon!

Russ

Quick Reply: New In Northern Ohio