Notices
The New Member Registry If you're new to JK-Forum.com, please take a moment to sign-in, introduce yourself and show us your Jeep JK Wrangler!!

New Owner with lots of questions

Old 10-18-2016, 05:26 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by iron53man
What you're experiencing is probably what we call "death wobble". When you did your lift did you put on new control arms or some sort of geometry brackets to correct your caster? The below link is a good starting point for figuring out if it's death wobble or something else. If you don't like that article/video in the link then just google Jeep Death Wobble and you'll find a ton of stuff.

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-w...obbles-260145/
the kit did came with Geometry bracket
and
Lower control arm

and today i went to show another mechanic and he blames the tire balancing
Old 10-19-2016, 04:44 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Devil
the kit did came with Geometry bracket
and
Lower control arm

and today i went to show another mechanic and he blames the tire balancing
Check out all your steering/suspension parts and make sure nothing is cracked or bolts loose, especially your track bar and ball joints. If you have the geometry brackets already on (and tightened/installed properly) than the track bar/ball joints (along with all their bolts being tightened) could be the issue... The only way that the tires themselves would be causing the wobble is if they are out of balance or the lug nuts not being tightened, but larger tires alone shouldn't cause the wobble.
Old 10-24-2016, 07:28 PM
JK Newbie

So I got the alignment and wheel balancing done and guess what both of them were out ... so all the work was done but there was still some shaking at the 80 .. so i went back and further checking he told me that my caster angle is way out and i have to get the ball joints changed because the stock ones are out of shape !!! i dont remember the exact reason but he mentioned that tires are on an angle therefore i'm feeling the the shaking at the speed ...!!!

The other few things i have noticed i dont have geometry correction bracket installed and neither i have adjustable track bar !!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3773.JPG.jpeg
Views:	21
Size:	993.2 KB
ID:	659634  
Old 10-25-2016, 04:27 AM
JK Enthusiast

Sounds like you got it figured out. I could be wrong so don't take my word for it, but I wouldn't worry too much about the adjustable track bar. All I did for my 3" lift was the aev geometry brackets. I'm still a little flighty at high speed (anything over 75) but between it being a jeep, having wide tires, and being 3" taller i just suck it up. There's probably a way to make for tighter steering, but i'm not convinced it's worth it for the money. Good luck with the work!
Old 10-28-2016, 09:08 AM
JK Newbie

So.. my car dont shake like it used to after getting the alignment done again ... drives good... but it still dont drive smooth... I'm still going to order geomtry brackets and adjustable track bar for back and might get a new tie rod a heavy duty one and use the stock knuckles .

I will like to start a new thread on re gearing . So i hope i get good response like the ones i got here . Thanks everyone.
Old 10-28-2016, 11:27 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Devil
So.. my car dont shake like it used to after getting the alignment done again ... drives good... but it still dont drive smooth... I'm still going to order geomtry brackets and adjustable track bar for back and might get a new tie rod a heavy duty one and use the stock knuckles .

I will like to start a new thread on re gearing . So i hope i get good response like the ones i got here . Thanks everyone.
I would recommend doing some searching and reading on your own before posting about re-gearing. I only say that because there's a lot of threads on that already and honestly probably not much left to cover. It'll be a lot faster and a lot easier. Plus, if after you get done with that you still have questions you will know exactly what to ask. Just a thought...
Old 10-31-2016, 04:17 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by iron53man
I would recommend doing some searching and reading on your own before posting about re-gearing. I only say that because there's a lot of threads on that already and honestly probably not much left to cover. It'll be a lot faster and a lot easier. Plus, if after you get done with that you still have questions you will know exactly what to ask. Just a thought...

Thanks dude.. ill keep that in mind .

Quick Reply: New Owner with lots of questions