Notices
The New Member Registry If you're new to JK-Forum.com, please take a moment to sign-in, introduce yourself and show us your Jeep JK Wrangler!!

New South Carolina member...just starting build

Old 02-12-2019, 03:51 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New South Carolina member...just starting build

Hey everyone! I bought my first Jeep, which is a '16 JKU Rubicon, back in November and just starting to get the build going now. I'm 24 and a union electrical worker who currently chases name storms to help put power on for people when the storms knock out the power. When I'm not on storm call I do interior remodeling for mostly residential homes. I live right off of Hilton Head Island which is beaufort county and also just joined Beaufort County Jeepers if anyone is on there too.

My plan is to do a 4 inch (Currie??) lift with 37s on stock rims until I figure out what rims I want. Plus all the accessories like bumpers, lights, side steps, flat fender flares. I plan on reinforcing the stock 44 axle and switching out gears to 4.88s(???) not to sure yet.

This is my first build with any type of vehicle so this is all very new to me. I'm not the most mechanically inclined but learning as I go for sure.

I have some questions about some things I want to do but I'll be posting those later on. Anyways here are some pics of my jk with 37s Goodyear MTRs next to the stock 32s

Last edited by IBEWRubicon; 02-12-2019 at 03:53 PM.
Old 02-12-2019, 11:28 PM
JK Newbie

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Welcome....man your way down south. Not sure what kind of trails you
have down there but most of the south has some really good off road
parks with some good rock crawling. You can never gear to low.......
Old 02-13-2019, 05:14 AM
JK Newbie

Yea there’s a few parks down here that look pretty good. I don’t mind driving a state or 2 over on a weekend to adventure out. I’m starting to think of doing 5.13s then
Old 02-13-2019, 10:52 AM
Super Moderator

Received 114 Likes on 108 Posts

Welcome to JK Forum. Get that thing out on the trails in Uwharrie (NC) or WindRock (TN). There is a really good jeep club in the Florence area, they actually have members all over SC and NC. Carolina Trails Off Road (CTOR).
Old 02-14-2019, 03:50 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by jedg
Welcome to JK Forum. Get that thing out on the trails in Uwharrie (NC) or WindRock (TN). There is a really good jeep club in the Florence area, they actually have members all over SC and NC. Carolina Trails Off Road (CTOR).
Thanks and ohh I will man! I would love to travel to some other states and hit those trails

Quick Reply: New South Carolina member...just starting build