Notices
The New Member Registry If you're new to JK-Forum.com, please take a moment to sign-in, introduce yourself and show us your Jeep JK Wrangler!!

Newbie Jeeper

Old 02-13-2019, 04:42 PM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Newbie Jeeper

Hi, I am a high school senior, who got a Jeep 3 years ago this day. Just a single owner fully stock two doors JK X 2007. In the past few months, I have upgraded a few things here and there like fender flares and a rear tailgate. I have planned in the future new headlights and taillights, the 2.5" lift from Jspec, a new front bumper and maybe running 33" tires. I have taken my Jeep offroading once or twice, and it was mainly just mudding. But it was still stock, and I was impressed with how well the stock jeep works off-road. I need more of a daily driver rather than an overland or rock crawling rig, as I am going to college in the fall, but still, want my jeep not to look stock. And the nearest trails that are legal to ride on are a good 2-hour drive and are something I look forward to in the future.

Sorry for the long story, but I look forward to the advice and wisdom to come. A lot of what I have learned about cars and Jeeps come from this forum, my father and grandfathers, and a YouTube.
Old 02-13-2019, 08:18 PM
JK Super Freak
FJOTM Winner

Received 210 Likes on 197 Posts

There are some cheap ways to make your Jeep not look stock... you could trim the fenders (there are writeups on here), a removal of the front air dam, vent visors, a couple of good fog lights... all pretty low budget ways to rid yourself of the stock look. Anyway, it's your jeep which means you can do what you want to make it custom! Welcome!
The following users liked this post:
HGFitz (02-13-2019)

Quick Reply: Newbie Jeeper