Notices
The New Member Registry If you're new to JK-Forum.com, please take a moment to sign-in, introduce yourself and show us your Jeep JK Wrangler!!

Newby! - and question about HEADRESTS and ENGINE SQEAK

Old 03-29-2013, 04:44 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Newby! - and question about HEADRESTS and ENGINE SQEAK

Hello everybody!

I just bought my first, brand new, Wrangler Sport last night. Went for the Crush color, and I love it! Driving is now an experience every time I hop in the drivier's seat!

I have 2 questions that I was wondering if anybody had issues with.

1 - Can you remove the front head rests? I hate how forward-tilted they are...I was hoping I could swap them with the back ones, but I can't get them out.

2 - I have been experiencing some light squeaking all day today when cruising between around 25 - 45 mph. Has anyone else had that happen on a brand new model (not even 100 miles yet)??? I'm pretty sure it's coming from the engine, but I can't get it to happen when I'm in neutral, parked, even if I rev the engine.

Really excited to join the family!
George
Old 03-29-2013, 06:17 PM
Former Vendor

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by gfingers
Hello everybody!

I just bought my first, brand new, Wrangler Sport last night. Went for the Crush color, and I love it! Driving is now an experience every time I hop in the drivier's seat!

I have 2 questions that I was wondering if anybody had issues with.

1 - Can you remove the front head rests? I hate how forward-tilted they are...I was hoping I could swap them with the back ones, but I can't get them out.

2 - I have been experiencing some light squeaking all day today when cruising between around 25 - 45 mph. Has anyone else had that happen on a brand new model (not even 100 miles yet)??? I'm pretty sure it's coming from the engine, but I can't get it to happen when I'm in neutral, parked, even if I rev the engine.

Really excited to join the family!
George
Welcome!

2 - Its common for the brakes to squeak / chirp. When you slightly depress brake pedal does it go away?

Quick Reply: Newby! - and question about HEADRESTS and ENGINE SQEAK