Notices
The New Member Registry If you're new to JK-Forum.com, please take a moment to sign-in, introduce yourself and show us your Jeep JK Wrangler!!

Noob from TX/CA

Old 05-26-2015, 12:17 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Noob from TX/CA

First off let us remember those who gave the ultimate gift for our freedoms. Much love, never forgotten.

So so this might be a little long... Every vehicle I've owned has been 4WD, I'm from the country. Picked up a 2015 JKU Sport a few weeks ago for a DD/Bugout veh. I have my regrets though.

I went with the basic sport. I don't need anything fancy like leather and gps. I'd just mess it up anyway so I opted to purchase the Sport model with the mopar stage 3 from the stealership along with the fuel trophies wrapped with 305/65/R17 BFG AT KO's. I like the idea of the warranty and it will do just fine for my needs. I didn't worry too much about axle size or ratios because I will upgrade later.

so back to the regrets, I got an auto with 3.21's in D30 front and D44 rear. I really wish I would have gotten some beefier axles to begin with, at least 3.73's or 4.10's. I don't plan to go over 35's but these 3.21's have no.... Umph. I've only hit the trails twice so far but she was struggling on the steep stuff. O'well. In due time I will upgrade. I thought it would be easier/cheaper to start with the lift and work on the gearing later.

Enough with the negativity, I love this thing! I also enjoy the forums and all the write-ups and info you guys post. Thank you.

Little about me, I did eight years in the Marine Corps. I've been out since '08 and I miss it. 4 combat tours, SSgt, started as an engineer and lat-moved to EOD. I like guns and I like to slay Bass. Looking forward to getting to know yall. Now lemme see if I can post a pic
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	56.7 KB
ID:	612310   Click image for larger version

Views:	39
Size:	71.7 KB
ID:	612311   Click image for larger version

Views:	32
Size:	93.2 KB
ID:	612312  

Last edited by Tatertot; 05-27-2015 at 04:13 AM.
Old 05-28-2015, 02:59 PM
DJ1
Former Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

3.73 I can't wait to get out of. Can't imagine 3.21. Congrats on the purchase either way
Old 05-29-2015, 11:00 AM
JK Enthusiast

Keep looks good man. I'm there myself with the d30 front and 3:21s. Hills in the trails are a hell of a time
Old 05-29-2015, 12:28 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Welcome to the forums and congrats on your new jeep
Old 05-29-2015, 12:32 PM
RC3
JK Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Tatertot
First off let us remember those who gave the ultimate gift for our freedoms. Much love, never forgotten.

So so this might be a little long... Every vehicle I've owned has been 4WD, I'm from the country. Picked up a 2015 JKU Sport a few weeks ago for a DD/Bugout veh. I have my regrets though.

I went with the basic sport. I don't need anything fancy like leather and gps. I'd just mess it up anyway so I opted to purchase the Sport model with the mopar stage 3 from the stealership along with the fuel trophies wrapped with 305/65/R17 BFG AT KO's. I like the idea of the warranty and it will do just fine for my needs. I didn't worry too much about axle size or ratios because I will upgrade later.

so back to the regrets, I got an auto with 3.21's in D30 front and D44 rear. I really wish I would have gotten some beefier axles to begin with, at least 3.73's or 4.10's. I don't plan to go over 35's but these 3.21's have no.... Umph. I've only hit the trails twice so far but she was struggling on the steep stuff. O'well. In due time I will upgrade. I thought it would be easier/cheaper to start with the lift and work on the gearing later.

Enough with the negativity, I love this thing! I also enjoy the forums and all the write-ups and info you guys post. Thank you.

Little about me, I did eight years in the Marine Corps. I've been out since '08 and I miss it. 4 combat tours, SSgt, started as an engineer and lat-moved to EOD. I like guns and I like to slay Bass. Looking forward to getting to know yall. Now lemme see if I can post a pic

Thank you for your service and welcome!
Old 05-29-2015, 05:06 PM
JK Newbie

Thanks everyone. I'm really loving the jeep. It's crazy how many mods you can do to these. In due time! Gearing, possibly new axles, roof rack, bumpers, eventually 35's, some type of snorkel, waterproofing, lockers, inverter, tow package are at the top of the list. No particular order yet... Thoughts advice, personal experience? Of course money is always an issue so I'm going to try to be patient.
Old 05-29-2015, 05:17 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by RC3
Thank you for your service and welcome!
Thank you much and I'm digging your avatar pic!
Old 06-01-2015, 03:30 PM
RC3
JK Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Tatertot
Thank you much and I'm digging your avatar pic!
Thank you! I don't know if you're familiar with Rebel or not but this is as great event:

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/soca...e-13-a-321579/

There will be a bunch of people from the SoCal group in attendance that day. If you want to meet some fellow Jeepers or check out some cool rigs or buy some parts or just have lunch, you should try to make it. I am currently in NorCal, so not sure yet but will try to be there.

Quick Reply: Noob from TX/CA