Notices
The New Member Registry If you're new to JK-Forum.com, please take a moment to sign-in, introduce yourself and show us your Jeep JK Wrangler!!

Not a new member, but new JK to the family!

Old 12-15-2018, 01:15 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Not a new member, but new JK to the family!

Well after going to the dark side and purchasing a JL Rubicon, and wishing I had not, I was finally able to get a 2018 JLU Rubicon to replace it with. It did cost a little $$$ out of my pocket but it was soooo worth it!
I have a 2013 JKR that is built and ready for the trails.......but I needed a daily driver for the winter months. I decided to purchase a 2 door JLR. Never thinking that Chrysler could of messed up a jeep that bad! The wind noise from the soft top was awful and found that ear plugs needed to be used. The steering was another issue all together......it would wander all over the road at highway speeds. They need to figure out the right specs for that steering assist unit. The only other issue was that the radio would just stop and restart itself whenever it felt like it.
So long story short, if you are considering a JL, think very hard before you do it! I would keep your JK....just my 2 cents.
Here are a few pics of the new 2018 JKUR and a pic of my 13' JKR.

Old 12-16-2018, 06:31 AM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Woohoo! Couple a beauties you have there. So you had issues with the 2DR JL but nothing with the 4DR JL?? I’m glad you got what you wanted but stinks those came up.
Old 12-16-2018, 10:06 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ChiefJKU
Woohoo! Couple a beauties you have there. So you had issues with the 2DR JL but nothing with the 4DR JL?? I’m glad you got what you wanted but stinks those came up.
Never had a 4dr JL. JK's do have their issues, but nothing that you can't handle. The JL was so computer controlled that any fixes that you could do at home is no longer.....mainly a dealership type of repair now.
I think maybe in a few years once they get the JL figured out, it might be a worthy jeep.
Old 12-16-2018, 12:55 PM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ohhh, I read where it said 2018 JLU Rubi but didn’t pay enough attention that it’s a JKU in the pics! That makes more sense haha.

Hope you’re right that a couple years gets things worked out, will be ready to move up in a couple years!

Quick Reply: Not a new member, but new JK to the family!