Notices
The New Member Registry If you're new to JK-Forum.com, please take a moment to sign-in, introduce yourself and show us your Jeep JK Wrangler!!

Ordering info help needed

Old 01-13-2008, 06:45 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ordering info help needed

Hi e1...first time here...i'm ordering a '08 wrangler X 2 door black with only options A/C and auto trans....unless i get some strong advise here to do something different. i do have a question or two.... can i have the plastic windows tinted like you can with glass windows ? . The dealer i spoke to about ordering said i would need a $1,000 deposit sound right? he told me should be in the middle or late feb....
anyway i'm looking for advise and opinions thanks tom
Old 01-13-2008, 07:17 AM
JK Jedi Master

Welcome to JK-Forum tommyble. I don't think you can tint the soft top windows after the fact, but you can order deep tint windows or purchase after market tinted windows to zip in. I think the deposit depends on what the dealer wants to do and I wouldn't expect your JK to make it here on time. I would add at least a month to your order time, but you can't really tell sometimes.
Old 01-13-2008, 12:18 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

how much are the aftermarket tinted windows? they cant be that much less then 300bucks that the factory charges
I guess it would be good to have 2 sets though for the price of one

Last edited by tkob1060; 01-13-2008 at 12:40 PM.
Old 01-13-2008, 12:46 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

hey Tom have you searched for one with the options you want online? Waiting sucks lol...there is a black one with auto and air here in NJ, take a ride lol
Old 01-15-2008, 06:29 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by tommyble
The dealer i spoke to about ordering said i would need a $1,000 deposit sound right? he told me should be in the middle or late feb....
I was told the same thing here in FL. I ordered my 08 redrock and had to put down 1k. dealer told me 4-6 weeks.
Old 01-15-2008, 05:06 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by tommyble
The dealer i spoke to about ordering said i would need a $1,000 deposit sound right? he told me should be in the middle or late feb....
Just ordered my JeepJeep today, and the front desk said it would be a $1000 deposit. But, since the salesman already stated I could do $500, they let it go with that.

Front desk also said that they could be audited, otherwise they would have ordered one without a deposit. On the previous visit I was told that they weren't allowed to order any more Rubicons for dealer stock as the orders that they were getting now were more than production could handle. Might be why they're requesting deposits of that amount.

As for the time frame, I'm getting a loaded Rubicon (for no other reason besides I can), and they've told me late March. Said that if the late March was missed then it could be another six months.
Old 01-18-2008, 10:06 AM
JK Super Freak

I had to put a deposit of 1000. I wanted Manual and they nearly rolled off of their chair. Mine took 10 weeks to get it.

In Hindsight I would of not half of the options I did as they are no longer on the vehicle. I'd say the 4.10 upgrade was well worth it. I can't imagine how sluggish it would be without it.

Quick Reply: Ordering info help needed