Notices
The New Member Registry If you're new to JK-Forum.com, please take a moment to sign-in, introduce yourself and show us your Jeep JK Wrangler!!

Rubi in NC

Old 04-18-2012, 05:39 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jwdanger
That would be great. I will definitely be hitting you up soon. I work about 60 hrs a week with only Saturdays off but I don't think it is much of a hike. It would just be me, my gf, and our son (aka our dog Tucker lol) I have an 11 sport with rubi suspension and a 2" AEV lift everything else stock. It's a DD so def don't wanna do too much damage lol but definitely wanna get out there and play and have some fun with some good people from around the area.
Sounds great! I plan on heading back out there next Sunday with the family so if you get a chance, let me know if you will be around.
I should have my rock hard engine skid plate and TF leveling kit in by then so I will want to see how those mods do.
Sounds like you have already put some solid mods on your rig and there are probably only about 2 trails I would be wary of without lockers or a darn good spotter and that would be Daniel for sure and maybe Dickie Bell. I have yet to travel those myself as I wanted to get a tad more lift and that skid plate in before I braved those trails as the Rubi with the stock suspension still bottomed 2-3 times on the trickier rockier spots on Dutch John and Rocky Mount Loop. Its the "pucker" factor without the oil pan skids when that jeep comes sliding down on the rocks..lol.
Other than that, as long as you take it easy, and do what I usually do(which is watch the more experienced guy in the jeep in front of you and where/what he is going/doing so you can anticipate the path to take) you will be good to go. Its like having a lead spotter..lol
My brother in law as been out there quite a few times so he leads our little jeep convoy which helps a lot as I am learning the trails and the ins and outs of my own jeep. Mine is also a DD so I know what you mean about keeping her in operational order.
Old 04-18-2012, 05:42 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by JohnnyQuik
Welcome. My first Jeep was a SOA YJ on 35's. The JK Rubi is so much more capable with nowhere near the number of mods. I'll be at URE Friday for the first time. Looking forward to it.
I still love the looks of the older YJ's(and even the TJ's). I want to pick one up eventually as a project jeep..They just look meaner than the JK's with far less plastic parts.
Old 04-18-2012, 07:03 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default wheeling

another great place close is the gulches in laurens sc www.gulchesorvpark.com its an 80 acre privite properety you pay to ride i think its 25 dollars for first time. but a stock jeep on mud terrains can ride about 80 percent of the trails. which makes it real family friendly. the other 20 percent get a lil wild past what ure can offer. it makes for fun watching

Quick Reply: Rubi in NC