Notices
The New Member Registry If you're new to JK-Forum.com, please take a moment to sign-in, introduce yourself and show us your Jeep JK Wrangler!!

Second Jeep, first time on the forum and all alone in the Black Hills of South Dakota

Old 10-28-2010, 04:37 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Second Jeep, first time on the forum and all alone in the Black Hills of South Dakota

Hello all! Just bought my second Jeep about a month ago. I have been shopping for almost 3 years and finally found the one I had to have. Before I tell you about the new one let me tell you what I am upgrading from. 1963 Willys CJ, pulled out of a field and frame on restoration/rebuild. I had a 1" body lift and some oversized tires on it. No heater, Non-working speedo, non-working gas gauge and all the other luxuries the '63 has to offer (no power steering, 3 speed manual, no back seat). It was a great SUMMER Jeep and I loved it. The wife didn't. She tried to drive it once and made it about 3 miles before she gave up. It needed a little more muscle than she had (5'2" 95 lbs). I took my chance and told her I would sell it and get a new one if she sold her Miata (No straight man can drive a Miata). Needless to say I put it up for sale for $1500 more than I paid for it and it sold in two days:( So after searching for 3 years I finally found the perfect one, I wanted it to already have a lift kit and some other basic things done ahead of time cause I couldn't bear the thought of driving a stock Jeep (No offense to those who do So now I have a 2007 2dr Rubicon with 4.5" teraflex lift, 35' Toyo MTs and Mopar front and Rear bumpers From here on out I'll be adding anything and everything as I learn my way around my new toy. Thanks already to some of you forum members whose write ups and tips I have already been using

Last edited by 07JKDakotaEd; 10-28-2010 at 05:18 PM.
Old 10-28-2010, 04:49 PM
JK Junkie

congrats on the buy but .....
Old 10-28-2010, 05:19 PM
JK Freak

Default Nice side by side Comparison

Originally Posted by Sapper12b
congrats on the buy but .....
If you can't tell which one is new and which is the old one, blue=old red=new
Old 10-28-2010, 05:40 PM
JK Super Freak

welcome

Quick Reply: Second Jeep, first time on the forum and all alone in the Black Hills of South Dakota