Notices
The New Member Registry If you're new to JK-Forum.com, please take a moment to sign-in, introduce yourself and show us your Jeep JK Wrangler!!

vet from san diego with first jeep

Old 08-29-2022, 02:24 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by XJRefugee
jbap, I am not certain if it is delta version or not.... I have installed front and rear rotors and the bracket for the stock calipers and installed new brakes pads and that's it. Others on the site will tell you that the spongy feeling in the brake pedal will be related to the flexible brake lines breaking down. The thought is to remove and replace with steel braided brake lines which are available from many vendors.
Okay so the delta version is significantly bigger, instead of 13in rotors the delta comes with 14in rotors and as well as much bigger 4 piston calipers so I wont be using the stock anymore. Yeah I was already going to upgrade to the SS lines.
Old 08-29-2022, 02:54 PM
Super Moderator

Received 470 Likes on 422 Posts

Welcome to JKF. Hope you enjoy the toy.
The following users liked this post:
jbap2994 (08-29-2022)
Old 08-29-2022, 03:02 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Sixty4x4
Welcome to JKF. Hope you enjoy the toy.
lol oh man already been, and its only been a month. I considered flipping it but when I got in it I was like no way in hell I'm letting this one go
Old 08-30-2022, 04:07 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,827 Likes on 1,597 Posts

Originally Posted by jbap2994
Okay so the delta version is significantly bigger, instead of 13in rotors the delta comes with 14in rotors and as well as much bigger 4 piston calipers so I wont be using the stock anymore. Yeah I was already going to upgrade to the SS lines.
I hadn't looked at these kits in a long time so I had just pulled that up too to see the difference. Jeesh. What size tire are you running or going to run. I think if you were doing 40s that might be a decent idea, but dang it seems like overkill for 35s or 37s. That said, can't dog someone for overspending on a safety item. I'd imagine one of those purchases you'd never regret. I can see why they'd suggest the J8 MC/booster for those calipers now.
The following users liked this post:
jbap2994 (08-30-2022)
Old 08-30-2022, 07:18 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by resharp001
I hadn't looked at these kits in a long time so I had just pulled that up too to see the difference. Jeesh. What size tire are you running or going to run. I think if you were doing 40s that might be a decent idea, but dang it seems like overkill for 35s or 37s. That said, can't dog someone for overspending on a safety item. I'd imagine one of those purchases you'd never regret. I can see why they'd suggest the J8 MC/booster for those calipers now.
as of now I'm only running 35's but have armor all around and a 4 door, plus I drive fast in socal so I figured it was a smart choice. I didn't get the full kit just the front and for rear I got the kit you were talking about with the brackets and little larger rotors. I got the jeep 13k under market value if it was stock, but it came with armor all around and 5 brand new 35's on it with only 40k on the dash so its easier to spend a little more on her haha.
Old 09-03-2022, 11:48 AM
Super Moderator

Received 80 Likes on 72 Posts

Welcome to JKF and thanks for your service!

Quick Reply: vet from san diego with first jeep