Notices
The New Member Registry If you're new to JK-Forum.com, please take a moment to sign-in, introduce yourself and show us your Jeep JK Wrangler!!

why do ppl hate 4 door jeeps?

Old 08-07-2014, 04:27 AM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Challenge him to follow you over a step that a 2-dr can't climb without assistance... like the one you see in the picture on the left...

Downgrading what the other one has is too widespread, because of narrow-mindedness, jealousy and what not.
The 4-dr is a very real Jeep. How do I know that? -- that's what it says on the grill, above the 7 slots...

Last edited by GJeep; 08-07-2014 at 04:31 AM.
Old 08-07-2014, 04:46 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Get used to it

When the 4 doors first came out I thought they looked pretty silly, but after seeing so many I got used to them. Now that I own one, I find it rides better and is far more practical than my 2008 2 door.

BTW, I wouldn't get too concerned about what some mall crawling turd sez...
Old 08-07-2014, 05:01 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Maybe they should of called the 2 door only a wrangler. And the 4 door a different name.

To each there own I guess.

Its likeing making a ford mustang a 4 door with the same engine as the 2 door and still calling it a mustang.. people would say that not a ****ing mustang.
Old 08-07-2014, 08:07 AM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by tribulation138
Maybe they should of called the 2 door only a wrangler. And the 4 door a different name.

Its likeing making a ford mustang a 4 door with the same engine as the 2 door and still calling it a mustang.. people would say that not a ****ing mustang.
They did... I mean, not Ford, but Ferrari -- the long Ferrari FF. Not a 4-dr, but a true 4 seater.
Get into one and drive it, then tell us if it deserves to be a Ferrari.
It definitely does, as handling is meticulous, and it beats most "true" sports cars.

Both the 2 and 4-dr Jeeps have strong points, for those who want or like those points.
Old 08-07-2014, 08:51 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It is all personal opinion.... I associate 4 doors more with trend followers and mall crawlers. I prefer 2 doors and have called it a "Real Jeep", in jest of course I don't hate 4 doors but they do look silly unless they have at least 35's (IMO), 2 doors need 33's. Maybe instead of calling it a 4 door we should change it to 2+2.....Nissan tried that once on the Z. There are many awesome 4 doors on this site, they're just not my preference....

One of the thing that makes a vehicle exciting is that not everyone can own one. Whether it be price tag or impractical. The majority of people in this country can afford to buy a new Wrangler but impracticality keeps them from doing so.....that makes them more exciting. Now that they have a 4 door we are all seeing how many people really wanted one but couldn't when it was an impractical 2 door. We all like to feel like we are in an exclusive club....the Wrangler is no longer an exclusive club.
Old 08-07-2014, 08:55 AM
JK Freak

No longer an exclusive club? I beg to differ. U still see many other makes and models of cars on the road. At least around here in the bay area. And a modded jeep to any extent makes it über exclusive to "you".
Old 08-07-2014, 08:58 AM
JK Freak

And to the post previous. No, im sorry comparing a 4 door mustang to a 4 door jeep is not the same at all, in any way shape or form. Ur talking about a rugged off road vehicle vs a low to the ground sports car. Dont understand the 4 door hate. Its better in most aspects off-road, holds more gear and is more suitable for going out with more than 1 other person. Its about time it evolved to be "better". (Of course thats a matter of opinion, im just sharing mine :-)
Old 08-07-2014, 09:08 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by lonestar
I had a discussion with a guy at work about our jeeps, when I told him that mine was 4 door he laughed and said that it wasn't a real jeep, and that I wasn't a real jeeper. So me getting pissed off asked how was my jk Not a real jeep. his argument was that it had 2 doors to many. and that it was a long wheel base. so than began my argument. The reason that I wanted a 4 door jeep is because i enjoy taking people with me ie. friends and family not to mention that my girl friend and son cant get enough of going muddin and climbing what ever my boy points out. and the long wheel base wouldnt be as easy to flip when climbing our steep mud pit. which i have personally seen a 2 door almost fall on its self. he said that the only seat he needed was for him self and his girl friend. that's the reason that he took out the back seat. o and by the way his "real jeep" hardly ever goes off road. he admitted to me. I go off road at least 2 times a week my 4 wheel drive is on often as i am always getting in to s**t. it pisses me off that so called jeepers look down on 4 doors and the life style that i love. sorry for my rant to who ever reads this i just needed to vent.
I find the best way of dealing with people like this is letting them know that I place no value on their opinion, and walking away. Let them be pissed that I don't care what they think, instead of me being pissed at what they do think. The only opinions that are important are the ones you make important.
Old 08-07-2014, 09:12 AM
JK Freak

I think it has less to do with the number of doors and more to do with the fact that a ton of soccer moms and yuppies drive them. Using those terms very loosely of course. You will get less waves from 4 doors in general as well.

I'm not a big fan of the 4 door but may one day own one. Never say never. They perform well and can be made to look pretty cool too.

I have no real issues with the 4 door. Most of my TJ friends make fun of my 2 door JK. I'm not offended. The only way us JK'rs are going to get the respect from other Jeepers is to just ride it out. The JK will be phased out and the newly revised Jeep will be hated. Possibly by us...
Old 08-07-2014, 09:23 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by tribulation138

Jeep does give the 4 door a different name, Wrangler Unlimited.

Ford made a 4 door Thunderbird for a couple years and it was still a Thunderbird.

Maybe a real Jeep has no doors...
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	cj2a.jpg
Views:	107
Size:	11.1 KB
ID:	569955  

Quick Reply: why do ppl hate 4 door jeeps?