Notices
The New Member Registry If you're new to JK-Forum.com, please take a moment to sign-in, introduce yourself and show us your Jeep JK Wrangler!!

Woooo Hoooo I made it now where's the cooler!

Old 08-30-2013, 11:40 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Woooo Hoooo I made it now where's the cooler!

After owning a 73 Camando and a 87 Zuk and wanting a Wrangler since the TJs hit the trails I bought my first one about 2 years ago, a 2002 TJ hardtop with 50k miles. The whole family fell in love, albeit kinda tight for long trips to west Texas with me and two women but a hitch rack took care of that and away we would go. I even bought a little ultra light camper to tow to base camp, but in this Texas heat that darned 4.0L gave a whole new meaning to "HOT WATER 6", I may be old school but 215-220 on a good day is just to close to the threshold and 3 blown out radiators wasn't helping matters either so after a custom 3core radiator and electric fan in front pushing and new fan clutch pulling up the rear I finally got it to stay around 195 (t-stat temp and a new one with every rad). Last Monday night the wife tells me that there is a really nice 2014 Anvil Grey Unlimited that i should see so I told her i would stop and look at sometime, the next morning I get up and head to work just as exit on to the loop (walking distance from the said Jeep dealer) my check engine light comes on. I find a safe place to pull over and check things out, the guages are good, the oil is good, so I get out the code reader and check for DTCs, there are none "WHAT" the CE light is on there has to be a DTC. So having a 2 hour drive ahead of me, I erre on the side of caution and go to that Jeep dealership, yes the one with the nice Unlimited, to have them check it out and as usual a salesman is the first to meet me and that JK is badass but it's to nice saddle leather enterior big fancy stock wheels and the 40k price tag it was like a KingRanch/Denali yuppy Jeep. No way I'm paying 40K and then I have to add the stuff i want on so it could go play, however there was a used low mile stock 2011 Unlimited in Old Man (Desert) Tan, just my speed and breaking down that close to the dealership had to be a sign from God to buy a new one, I couldn't resist so here is my intro to the JK Family, and yes the customization has begun!!!

Click image for larger version

Name:	Jeep.jpg
Views:	273
Size:	97.3 KB
ID:	493413Click image for larger version

Name:	New Wheels (Small).jpg
Views:	231
Size:	76.7 KB
ID:	493416
Old 08-30-2013, 12:50 PM
JK Super Freak

Nice looking Jeep and welcome to the forum!
Old 08-30-2013, 01:01 PM
JK Freak

Beware, mods are addicting. You will never stop!!

Good looking Jeep.... Enjoy and post up those pics as you spend your money.
Old 09-04-2013, 03:27 PM
JK Newbie

Thanks for the warm welcome and the belated Mod warning, my wife probably wishes I had never made my first one. I started modifing stuff way before her and she'll be lucky to get in the ground without me modifing her casket!!! LOL
Old 09-04-2013, 03:51 PM
JK Freak

Nice, first mods, ditch the chrome lol
Old 09-05-2013, 06:32 PM
JK Newbie

Nice looking jk. The color is awesome and you don't see it everyday. Congrats!
Old 09-07-2013, 01:43 AM
JK Newbie

I like it! Love tan and black.

Quick Reply: Woooo Hoooo I made it now where's the cooler!