Notices
The New Member Registry If you're new to JK-Forum.com, please take a moment to sign-in, introduce yourself and show us your Jeep JK Wrangler!!

Wrangler Unlimited Engines...

Old 10-25-2020, 05:16 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wrangler Unlimited Engines...

Tell me, if you were buying new, would you choose the turbo or go with the tried and true V6? Getting ready to pull the trigger soon...1500/dollar option for the 6...not too worried about the extra charge, just do not want to make a mistake. Thank you
Old 10-25-2020, 05:47 PM
Super Moderator

Received 364 Likes on 340 Posts

Good question.. Have not heard or read of issues with the Turbo 4... Fiat has years of experience with small displacement turbo engines in Europe; hopefully that is in the Turbo 4. I'm old school - no replacement for displacement. I have driven the 4 and it has plenty of power good kick does have the classic turbo lag. I'm not making any recommendation. Have a 2020 Renegade with a 1.3L Turbo and after the lag it HITS hard in the power band.
The following users liked this post:
JeezAJeep (10-25-2020)
Old 10-26-2020, 02:35 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

My general understanding with any turbo type horse power assistance means an earlier engine life expectancy.

Think of yourself as the 6 cylinder, walking. And a child as the turbo 4 working much harder to keep up.

As I have always said. Most anything new is nice. It’s the second half life that I’m after. Best of luck.
The following users liked this post:
JeezAJeep (10-26-2020)

Quick Reply: Wrangler Unlimited Engines...