Notices
The New Member Registry If you're new to JK-Forum.com, please take a moment to sign-in, introduce yourself and show us your Jeep JK Wrangler!!

Yep another noob and a big Hello All from PA

Old 06-18-2015, 05:40 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Yep another noob and a big Hello All from PA

Been perusing this forum for a few months and decided to dive on in. It's been forever since I have been offroading or time to do so but to follow is a bit of how I got here.
Well this all started with my second daughter who is starting to drive and her dream of having a Wrangler to get around in. In all honesty it really fits her Personality and can't imagine a lot of other vehicles that would fit so perfectly. The Fiat 500 her sister had been driving sure as hell isnt her style I can tell you that.
So even with plenty of time to kill before she has her license I agreed to start looking. Since I like the idea of my girls not having to worry about breaking Down on the road the Renegade was on the list as well as a newer Wrangler but the Renegade had yet to arrive on US soil.
Within a short few weeks I located a nice 2011 sport with a hardtop for 19.6k out the door and 26k on the OD and man I was sure as heck surprised of how well it road and quiet it was. Now coming from driving a Genesis sedan when I say the Jeep is quiet, it is quiet because the Genesis is one of the quietest cars out there. As far as the last time I drove a wrangler well that was back in 1991 in Mexico on our honeymoon and before that a 77 CJ5 with a 304, manual steering and manual brakes . Anywho, I came so close to buying that 2011 but I wanted the weekend just to checkout a few more specs about it and glad I did as I foundd that the new 3.6 was inserted in the 2012's and newer and again coming from my Genny with a 4.6 ltr V8 that anemic 3.8 was hard to swallow. So once again I was on the lookout but now for a 2012 or newer for under 20k, lol, now we're talking a challange. Within a few more weeks I located a few more, one that we really wanted which was a 2012 sport in Orange, soft top and blue tooth. Unfortunately by the time the salesman got back to confirm a really good price we were all happy with it sold that night before, damn. Another one found couldn't get the dealer to agree on pricing over the phone and wasn't driving a hour n a half without some kind of meat on the bone, no how no way.
well finally found a base 2013 sport soft top in deep cherry with a 6 sped and made a deal for only $19K and respectable 29k on the OD . Happy time!!!
So here is where things get tough. In the short time I have been driving this around I have fallen in love with the Wrangler and Although my arm may get tired from the community Jeep waving, tons of Wranglers around here, I am going to have a very very hard time giving this up to my daughter come February. So much so I am very much thinking that there is a JKU in my future and not a Tesla 3 that is due out in 2017. Do I miss my Genesis, yes very much so on the highway and who wouldn't with 26-27mpg @ 75-80 mph with a V8 but I sacrifice alittle now for my girls and it all good.

Here is my daughters list for mods;
kc highlights
netting for the rear
bigger tires
better wheels - done. Keepimg the stock 16's but plastidipped em tri color- cant get pic to attach
small lift
new bumpers
winch

Now here is a start to mine for this Jeep
dress up the wheels - again, done
larger tires - 31-32's are in the future (3.21 gears, ugh)
2.5" bugdet lift
radio with nav n blue tooth - done
Best Top safari bikini
3.73 gears further in future
headlights
Led offroad lighting
new bumpers
winch
skid plating

PS
i can surely see how the mod'ing bug can hit hard, I already have a list going though my wallet may not keep up.

will throw up a few pic from work since things dont want to cooperate with my Ipad
Old 06-18-2015, 06:06 PM
JK Junkie

Very nice find on the jeep. Welcome to the forum and yes the bug can hit very hard. Lol
Old 06-18-2015, 06:32 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by DunnyBunny
Very nice find on the jeep. Welcome to the forum and yes the bug can hit very hard. Lol

Lol, Yeah the wife has already been rolloing hers eyes about it and Thanks for the welcome
Old 06-19-2015, 03:01 PM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Welcome to JK Forum!

J - just
E - empty
E - every
P - pocket

Old 06-19-2015, 03:56 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by OH9JK