Notices
NorCal If you live in Northern California and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum Jeepers near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Ahead of time, wheeling trip in october?

Old 08-23-2010, 09:44 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Stuka
I ran it last year with just a budget boost and some good tires. Most obstacles have bypasses. You probably will have to take the bypass for the first obstacle if you dont have any lift. I got hung up on it but managed to get through with a leveling kit.

I also did not have rocker protection. I made it through without any damage by having a good spotter and a lot of experience. So, its not a MUST, but try to find at least a set of rubi-rails. Or a set of after market rails.

Oh, and with the 18 inch wheels, you may get some wheel rash, I know I got a little with my 16's.
i have a question actually, do you need lockers? i have them but a buddy does not on his toyota and wanted to come? would he make it, it is lifted a little bit
Old 08-23-2010, 09:45 PM
JK Enthusiast

Update to first post!!! Check it for the dates of the trip hopefully and say if you can or cant make them, we have a lot of time to plan and hope that everyone can make it
Old 08-24-2010, 02:36 AM
JK Freak

Well the 15-17 is the weekend of Rocktober.... So thats not a good weekend!! But any of the others works for me
Old 08-24-2010, 05:18 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BIG RED BUBBA
i have a question actually, do you need lockers? i have them but a buddy does not on his toyota and wanted to come? would he make it, it is lifted a little bit
What kind of toyota? If its an IFS rig, it helps due to the lack of front articulation. But I have seen a 4 runner with a 3" lift and 33's go through without a locker. I don't have lockers, and I didnt have any major traction issues, just ground clearance issues.

And a lot of guys are going to rocktoberfest, so its probably best to have it the weekend after that.
Old 08-24-2010, 06:48 AM
JK Enthusiast

alright, thanks stuka on the info, it is a toyota pickup so it should be fine, i didnt know about rocktober fest so i guess the weekend after it is, i will update the first post with the final date...should be a lot of fun!!!!!
Old 08-24-2010, 06:54 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Sludge Puppy
Put me as a tentative depending on the weekend. I think I am out of town 2 weekends in October. You thinking of Camping or day trip only?
how do those dates work with you sludge puppy?
Old 08-26-2010, 09:37 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Stuka
What kind of toyota? If its an IFS rig, it helps due to the lack of front articulation. But I have seen a 4 runner with a 3" lift and 33's go through without a locker. I don't have lockers, and I didnt have any major traction issues, just ground clearance issues.

And a lot of guys are going to rocktoberfest, so its probably best to have it the weekend after that.
hey stuka, i have a buddy that wants to bring his tj, it is all stock with a little bit bigger tires, not much though...would he make it or would he break stuff? i saw that it was rated hard but you've been up there wheeling before.
Old 08-26-2010, 03:45 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hey stuka, i have a buddy that wants to bring his tj, it is all stock with a little bit bigger tires, not much though...would he make it or would he break stuff? i saw that it was rated hard but you've been up there wheeling before.
Well, we could get him through. But without some rocker protection, he may end up with some rocker damage. And by may I mean he most likely will. I came extremely close last year, and I sat higher than a stock TJ. By bigger tires, are they 31's? I would not try it with anything less.

It maybe worth throwing a 2" budget boost under it. But otherwise, if he values his body work, I would say skip it.
Old 08-26-2010, 04:21 PM
JK Enthusiast

alright thanks, i think he is just going to ride along in my jeep

ok, now another question, who wants it to be a day trip and who wants it to be an overnighter?
just trying to get it all organized
Old 08-26-2010, 06:17 PM
JK Freak

alright thanks, i think he is just going to ride along in my jeep

ok, now another question, who wants it to be a day trip and who wants it to be an overnighter?
just trying to get it all organized
I'll be making it a overnighter!!

Quick Reply: Ahead of time, wheeling trip in october?