Notices
NorCal If you live in Northern California and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum Jeepers near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Cyrus needs immediate vehicle Recovery- Salinas River.

Old 07-31-2009, 02:40 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by rangleme
Hey Cyrus not only did you make news here on the forum but also over on facebook. Your incident is famous now
Is there some facebook group that I'm missing out on? Glad to know that I provided some entertainment .

Originally Posted by FlameRed
Sorry we didn't see this yesterday, would have run over to help you out.
Thanks for the offer, I appreciate it. I actually thought about calling you, but didn't have your cell.

Originally Posted by wildandwillin
Glad to hear you made it out. You should of just told me to come get you maybe you would of been out sooner. Give me a call later
Roger, I should have just taken you up on the initial offer. I thought we were way less stuck than we were. Salinas River apparently is well know for its quicksand... . Well know to everyone but me apparently.

Originally Posted by Coy
Guys I am just a few miles from there. I have no net at home but always feel free toi call for help. And we have good recovery gear. 831-262-0998
Coy, thanks for the offer, I've got your cell now and will give you a call if I ever really need help.

Originally Posted by RedRockJk4x4
Damn, I wish I would have seen this. I would have come out to help. Glad you eventually made it out.
Also, thanks for the offer. You guys are great. I'm gonna start a Cen/Nor-Cal emergency number thread sometime soon.

As it turned out, I called a girl that I met on the Rubicon this weekend and she showed up with a TJ with a 6" lift and 37's. Winched both me and my dad's borrowed Tahoe out of there no problem. No offense to all you guys, but she definitely had you all beat in the looks category . I'll post a new thread with the whole story and pictures.

Last edited by cyruspura; 07-31-2009 at 02:47 PM.
Old 07-31-2009, 03:35 PM
JK Jedi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

As it turned out, I called a girl that I met on the Rubicon this weekend and she showed up with a TJ with a 6" lift and 37's. Winched both me and my dad's borrowed Tahoe out of there no problem. No offense to all you guys, but she definitely had you all beat in the looks category . I'll post a new thread with the whole story and pictures.[/QUOTE]

I feel somewhat....undervalued
Old 07-31-2009, 05:46 PM
JK Freak

the only problem about emrgency numbers around where I wheel is..NO SERVICE...the sierras are great for that...LOL...just a long walk out
Old 07-31-2009, 06:05 PM
JK Enthusiast

As it turned out, I called a girl that I met on the Rubicon this weekend and she showed up with a TJ with a 6" lift and 37's. Winched both me and my dad's borrowed Tahoe out of there no problem. No offense to all you guys, but she definitely had you all beat in the looks category . I'll post a new thread with the whole story and pictures.
But the real question is ... would she want to chance it and come out in the middle of night on a rescue ...
Glad to see you managed to get out
Old 07-31-2009, 10:15 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by NUCLEAR JK
But the real question is ... would she want to chance it and come out in the middle of night on a rescue ...
Glad to see you managed to get out
I was pretty suprised that she showed up, definitely saved my ass.

Also, some questions for all:

The JK was up to the frame in water and silt for 8 or 9 hours. What needs to be flushed, drained, lubed, replaced, etc. etc. ?? Diff oil, tranny oil, probably? Anything else?

Also, I tore my driveshaft boot on the 'Con last weekend, and it was sitting in water. Is that a problem? Do I need to fix the boot?
Old 07-31-2009, 11:10 PM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by cyruspura
I was pretty suprised that she showed up, definitely saved my ass.

Also, some questions for all:

The JK was up to the frame in water and silt for 8 or 9 hours. What needs to be flushed, drained, lubed, replaced, etc. etc. ?? Diff oil, tranny oil, probably? Anything else?

Also, I tore my driveshaft boot on the 'Con last weekend, and it was sitting in water. Is that a problem? Do I need to fix the boot?

Ok Cyrus bring it by on tuesday and a few hundred for lube and we will go threw her and fix her up for niagra rim
Old 07-31-2009, 11:27 PM
JK Jedi

we will go threw each one and make sure its not contaminated. The few hundred is worse case. Diff oil is 9.00 a qt X4. ATF 35 bucks, motor oil 35 bucks plus filters, and transfer case oil 40 bucks. Thats all synthetic. could be cheaper useing convintional oil
Old 08-01-2009, 09:55 AM
JK Freak

Sounds good, I'll call and let you know when I'm working this week, but Tuesday should work.
Old 08-01-2009, 11:08 AM
JK Jedi

Sounds good Wed i have a few hour job in the AM

Quick Reply: Cyrus needs immediate vehicle Recovery- Salinas River.