JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion

JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/)
-   NorCal (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/norcal-77/)
-   -   Great gear shop by Modesto! (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/norcal-77/great-gear-shop-modesto-227449/)

JKZinger 05-19-2012 01:03 PM

Originally Posted by jsj4raiders
I really like the new gears, 4.88's on 35's. I now have a six speed Jeep. May be slightly over geared but thats fine with me. The Detroit locker in back and having the Trutrac up front make handling a little quirky to say the least. Already getting used to them. I put 25 miles or so on them today. Just driving through neighborhoods and back roads. The C's didn't get the gusset welded on though, not thrilled about that. The guy said it didn't come in or something. Didn't sound like he do it to at a later date. So little hesitant about wheeling until that is done. Although I did do fair amount of Niagara last summer, not the Rock Pile obviously, and don't think I bent anything. Any suggestions about where to have gussets welded on? Or can I get away with doing Slickrock without the gussets if carefull?

I think you will be ok if you don't hit any of the rocks too hard.

Wendy.Jeepchick 05-19-2012 01:44 PM

Originally Posted by JKZinger (Post 3023549)
I think you will be ok if you don't hit any of the rocks too hard.

Hello...not to hijack your thread...but noticed you are in the Modesto area. My husband and I have owned 5 wranglers (awaiting delivery of a 2012 JKUR), but have never been part of a club. Now that the kids are old enough to enjoy some rock crawling, we are looking into joining a family friendly club. Can you recommend a good one in the Turlock/Modesto area?

JKZinger 05-19-2012 02:08 PM

Originally Posted by Wendy.Jeepchick

Hello...not to hijack your thread...but noticed you are in the Modesto area. My husband and I have owned 5 wranglers (awaiting delivery of a 2012 JKUR), but have never been part of a club. Now that the kids are old enough to enjoy some rock crawling, we are looking into joining a family friendly club. Can you recommend a good one in the Turlock/Modesto area?

Come on out and join all of us next weekend camping at the Slickrock trail!

JKZinger 05-19-2012 02:09 PM

It is posted in this section as the memorial day weekend run!

Wendy.Jeepchick 05-19-2012 02:12 PM

Originally Posted by JKZinger (Post 3023625)
Come on out and join all of us next weekend camping at the Slickrock trail!

Thanks for the invite! Would love to, but we're already going to the Mono Lake area to help a friend break in her new JK (and first Jeep). Do you have a website with upcoming dates?

JKZinger 05-19-2012 02:18 PM

No, we just hang out on this forum and keep an eye on the NorCal, CenCal and SoCal sections. We usually form up some sort of run every month or so!

jsj4raiders 07-23-2012 09:45 PM

Just have to say once again how happy I am with the Rearend Shop. Today had the front worked on, new shafts, sleeves, and gussets. His customer service is as good as it gets. Very honest and really good prices. And he has an older jeep that he wheels. He's closing his shop on wed. to run the Rubicon.

JKZinger 07-24-2012 03:56 AM

Originally Posted by jsj4raiders (Post 3129516)
Just have to say once again how happy I am with the Rearend Shop. Today had the front worked on, new shafts, sleeves, and gussets. His customer service is as good as it gets. Very honest and really good prices. And he has an older jeep that he wheels. He's closing his shop on wed. to run the Rubicon.

Yep, this place rocks! I think I am going to have to pay him a visit for a new front axle seal. Debating trying to change it out myself, but we will see!
:thumbsup::beer: