Notices
NorCal If you live in Northern California and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum Jeepers near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Hollister 9/6/2008

Old 09-07-2008, 03:15 PM
Sponsoring Vendor
Alpha Expedition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Its okay. we were just worried that you guys might have been waiting for us somewhere. Anyway. That YJ buggy went with us ended up busted the front yoke and pulled out rear drive shaft and High centered at the beginning of the Tank Trap. after completing the Tank Trap, we had to drive back to them and made sure they have found help and were recovered back on to the main trail.

It was too hot for everyone yesterday and you guys do looked really burned out and need some rest.

And man o man, that truck hill was full of loose dirt, and fine sand that I almost didn't make it up half way. However, Jeff was able to drive up very easily.
Old 09-07-2008, 09:27 PM
JK Newbie

i had a great time. the new obstacle course was ok, but you can complete the whole thing in 5 minutes or less. didn't take many photos, but here are a few shots of david tackling tank trap...

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	aDSCN1906.jpg
Views:	171
Size:	85.1 KB
ID:	12678   Click image for larger version

Name:	aDSCN1912.jpg
Views:	176
Size:	81.5 KB
ID:	12679  

Last edited by beepjeep; 09-07-2008 at 09:29 PM.
Old 09-07-2008, 11:08 PM
Sponsoring Vendor
Alpha Expedition

Originally Posted by beepjeep
i had a great time. the new obstacle course was ok, but you can complete the whole thing in 5 minutes or less. didn't take many photos, but here are a few shots of david tackling tank trap...

That was the daym place where I almost lost my driver side fender and side view mirrors. Not to mention my doors were only 1" away from the rocks...
Old 09-08-2008, 06:12 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MBATF
Its okay. we were just worried that you guys might have been waiting for us somewhere. Anyway. That YJ buggy went with us ended up busted the front yoke and pulled out rear drive shaft and High centered at the beginning of the Tank Trap. after completing the Tank Trap, we had to drive back to them and made sure they have found help and were recovered back on to the main trail.

It was too hot for everyone yesterday and you guys do looked really burned out and need some rest.

And man o man, that truck hill was full of loose dirt, and fine sand that I almost didn't make it up half way. However, Jeff was able to drive up very easily.
Yeah, I'll have a CB for next time. I never really thought about it, but it's such a good way to communicate on the trails. Was a great day though, looking forward to the next time =)
Old 09-08-2008, 07:58 AM
JK Jedi

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Smile

Looks gnarly

Quick Reply: Hollister 9/6/2008