Notices
NorCal If you live in Northern California and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum Jeepers near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Nor Cal What was done to your JK this week ???

Old 02-24-2011, 10:07 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by familytime
Started fab work on my custom rock sliders,After smashing the driver side factory steps,its time to build
Yea, so how'd the wife like that after you came home from Carnegie? "Uh, honey I have good news and bad news... The good news is I get to test my welding skills..."
Old 02-24-2011, 02:51 PM
JK Forum Regional Rep

Default Slider build

As a certified welder its a piece of cake,she didn't like the idea i removed the steps too soon,dear i can't get in or i almost fell on my face because its long way down.o.k. dear i'll take care of it
Old 03-06-2011, 08:56 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default TnT Customs sliders

Finished putting on my rock sliders, specifically the boatsides. TnT Customs. Measure once, twice three times for those rivet nuts - no mistakes allowed!

Old 03-13-2011, 08:53 AM
JK Enthusiast

sweeeeet! nice looking jeep!
Old 03-13-2011, 09:14 PM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by RRauzer
Relocated my evap. Used the Kilby kit. No check codes so far!

I just put the same kit in my jeep a week ago. They are pretty stout.
Old 03-13-2011, 09:28 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by BKGM Jeepers
I just put the same kit in my jeep a week ago. They are pretty stout.
Yea, the only problem I had was that one end of the bracket holding the evap on the plate was tapping the bottom of the tub on slow, not so great roads. Quite annoying. Simple fix - took down and placed a square the soft side of industrial velco where contact was being made. Works like a charm.
Old 03-13-2011, 10:08 PM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by RRauzer
Yea, the only problem I had was that one end of the bracket holding the evap on the plate was tapping the bottom of the tub on slow, not so great roads. Quite annoying. Simple fix - took down and placed a square the soft side of industrial velco where contact was being made. Works like a charm.
Excellent work! One less thing to stress about breaking on the trail!
Old 03-19-2011, 07:32 AM
JK Enthusiast

Installed Rancho Oil Pan skid plate. Spray painted black.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-843672886.jpg
Views:	133
Size:	17.5 KB
ID:	139513  
Old 03-20-2011, 05:44 PM
JK Enthusiast

Rubi rock rails, Cobra 75 CB, JKS Quicker discos, drilled door handles, couple new decals...

Spent 8 hours detailing it inside n out on Thursday. Took it down to Shamrocked in SoCal and spent the first 2 minutes getting it dirty as hell.
Old 03-22-2011, 08:18 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Transmission Cooler Install

I posted a few weeks back that I installed a AutoMeter transmission temperature guage to monitor the temperature so I could measure the difference after I installed the new cooler. Well this is part two installing the Derale Cooler (PN 12732).

I used a single piece of iron with drilled holes to mount the cooler. The cooler came with a fan and I seperated the two and reattached them on either side of the iron. This left room between the cooler and radiator and allowed the fan to clear the grill.

I also installed a Derale Thermal Switch (PN 13021) that activates at 180 degrees and turns off when the temp drops below 170 degree. This will help insure I never over heat when pulling my trailer or rock crawling at slow speeds up steep inclines.

I went a little overkill on the hoses. I could have just gone with rubber hoses but opted for the more heat resistant stainless braided hoses and ANS fittings like you would see on a hot rod. It cost a little bit more but I am hoping they hold up better being screwed on than just having hose clamps, and I think they look pretty cool.

I had to remove the front grill to install the cooler, which also required me to unbolt my front bumper and the winch made it impossible to get the grill off otherwise. I added about a quart of transmission fluid to make sure there was enough in the system after it cycled through the new hoses and cooler.

I have about 200-300 miles on it now and I have some good news and bad news. The good news is it is running noticibly cooler staying well below 150 and on the highway around 100 degrees. The bad news is my fan doesn't kick-on till 180 so I may never get used. Oh well its there if I need it. I am contemplating wiring up a switch that I can trigger to kick it on, but again I have yet to really break 150 degrees even climbing over HWY 17 from San Jose to Santa Cruz, which usually would have sent my temp guage north or 180 degrees.

I have included some pics below.

I also just installed a new Gen 3 LOD bumper with back-up camera 7-pin trailer plug. But I don't have all the pics ready so maybe I will post that this weekend.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Front_No_Grill.jpg
Views:	283
Size:	86.0 KB
ID:	140914Click image for larger version

Name:	Front_No_Grill_2.jpg
Views:	288
Size:	80.0 KB
ID:	140916Click image for larger version

Name:	Front_Grill.jpg
Views:	271
Size:	75.1 KB
ID:	140915

Quick Reply: Nor Cal What was done to your JK this week ???