Notices
NorCal If you live in Northern California and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum Jeepers near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Nor Cal What was done to your JK this week ???

Old 10-27-2013, 08:13 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JK Obsessed
So its been a little while since I posted. I have added Poison Spyder Crusher Fender flares (Linex'd) and 35" Goodyear MT/R Kevlar tires on AEV Pintlers in Argent.

Still need to trim the pinch seam and rock rail but trying to figure out how to remove that plastic end cap in a way that I will be able to reuse it. Advise is appreciated.

Now I need to get dirty
Attachment 508194Attachment 508195Attachment 508196

your jeep looks good. pretty partial to the 2 doors.
as far as the plastic end caps in the rubi rails, my old one popped out pretty easily by hand. I imagine you could pry yours out with tools to get it started. I cut the rail back not quite 2" and put the cap in with some sealer to keep it in place.
Old 10-27-2013, 01:45 PM
JK Newbie

I need to rune my antenna, who here owns a meter and can loan it to me or help me tune? I can drive up to San Jose

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk 2
Old 10-27-2013, 03:11 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by calialx1
I need to rune my antenna, who here owns a meter and can loan it to me or help me tune? I can drive up to San Jose Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk 2
I gave a swr meter here in Gilroy I can let u use of give you a hand if you need.
Old 11-03-2013, 06:01 AM
JK Enthusiast

Made a pig tail adapter to go from the factory fog light wiring to my rigid d2 lights. System won't let me attach photos. I will try later.

Last edited by Mgimelli; 11-03-2013 at 08:44 AM.
Old 11-03-2013, 01:39 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default Did my first mod!

My version of the disco flip

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-w...9/#post3722663
Old 11-10-2013, 01:59 PM
JK Enthusiast

I mocked up a front bumper in cardboard today. It will be very similar in design to the Rock Hard shorty front bumper except I'm making mine in 3/16" steel where the Rock Hard is 1/4". It will have recessed fog lamp holes and for now I'll retain the factory tow hooks.

I'll be stopping by C&C Steel in Rancho Cordova tomorrow and I hope I can get them to drill all the holes for me. Depends on how much they want to charge for the service and the price on the steel. I can get it all delivered from metalsupermarkets.com for under $160. I hope to spend less than $250 at C&C. Any route I go, it'll still be less than half the price of the Rock Hard bumper, plus all the fun of welding it up and taking pride in my little creation

This should be some good practice for my next project, which will either be the fenders or the fuel tank relocation.
Old 11-11-2013, 04:53 AM
JK Forum Regional Rep

Originally Posted by HardRooster
I mocked up a front bumper in cardboard today. It will be very similar in design to the Rock Hard shorty front bumper except I'm making mine in 3/16" steel where the Rock Hard is 1/4". It will have recessed fog lamp holes and for now I'll retain the factory tow hooks.

I'll be stopping by C&C Steel in Rancho Cordova tomorrow and I hope I can get them to drill all the holes for me. Depends on how much they want to charge for the service and the price on the steel. I can get it all delivered from metalsupermarkets.com for under $160. I hope to spend less than $250 at C&C. Any route I go, it'll still be less than half the price of the Rock Hard bumper, plus all the fun of welding it up and taking pride in my little creation

This should be some good practice for my next project, which will either be the fenders or the fuel tank relocation.
Can't wait for some pictures
Old 11-11-2013, 07:49 AM
JK Enthusiast

I just called C&C to get a price quote and now I'm more excited about my project than I am about getting married on Tuesday. My over the phone quote was $7 per square foot. I needed just over 6 square feet so I'm gonna spend about $48 on the plate! That sure beats spending $550 on an aftermarket bumper. I will be needing to drill my own holes however, they can't cut the fog light holes and the fee for the 3/4" holes I want was too much. I can handle all that myself anyway on the drill press. Just need to go buy a $20 hole saw.
Old 11-11-2013, 04:56 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Nice, looking forward to seeing it. Wish I had the tools and know-how.
Old 11-11-2013, 07:26 PM
JK Enthusiast

I am so freaking stoked right now. They can't cut a 4" hole, so I just had them rough out the 5 pieces of 3/16' A36 plate for me and I was out of there for...wait for it....

27 freaking bucks!

I'm gonna have a stubby front bumper for $27! People there were hella nice and cut me a few deals. I'm definitely going back to make my fenders. Think they quoted $165 for 20 feet of 2" .120 DOM which is pretty good too.

I want to post a pic of some new smittybuilt tube fenders but I'm on my phone. It's in the SEMA thread on this forum and the fenders are on a blue JK with that big square grill thing. Those fenders are exactly what I had in mind with an upward taper to better stuff your tires. When I get home tomorrow I'll post it here so you can see what I'm after.

Quick Reply: Nor Cal What was done to your JK this week ???