Notices
NorCal If you live in Northern California and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum Jeepers near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Rubicon - Nov 14-15 - anyone interested?

Old 11-09-2015, 09:08 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Got back last night from trail. Standard cold weather, nothing out of the ordinary. Plus side, we only saw one JK at Loon who had limped back with a broken rear drive shaft from the steps and two toyotas at Soup Bowl - otherwise trail to ourselves. A bit of snow sticking on trail at 7000 ft, up past Cadillac. No effect on changing driving style. That said, trail might/will be different now that last night's/today's storm passes through. Might want to check Pirate 4x4 as week progresses for additional trail status data points for next weekend.
Old 11-11-2015, 06:51 AM
JK Newbie

Great - thanks for the update. I'll keep checking for weather updates..
Old 11-18-2015, 08:38 AM
JK Enthusiast

Did you go? Should have some good pics from Sunday if you didn't get out in time. I was in Truckee wishing had my jeep vs truck when it finally started sticking to the ground to play around on the fs roads.
Old 11-18-2015, 09:38 AM
JK Newbie

Yes - we went.. 3 Jeeps, 6 people. We had a great time. We made it just before Buck Island on Saturday and I broke my front right axle shaft.. Argh.. We turned around and I limped back I. Two wheel drive, only needed a few tows.. Hats off to Johnathon out friend and guide!! We made it back out just after dark and camped near Loon Lake.. Then as you know, it snowed 5-7 inches Sunday morning.. Amazing two days.. We ran into three different groups on the trail Saturday.. 9 rigs.. But very quite... Looks like I'll be back in spring with a new axle.. And a plan to make it all the way through.. Plan is to upgrade my front axle to a 44 at min..

Quick Reply: Rubicon - Nov 14-15 - anyone interested?