Rubicon Trail June 28/29

Rubicon Trail June 28/29

Default Rubicon Trail June 28/29

I'm heading out on an 8 week long road trip on June 25th and will be doing the Rubicon on June 28th and 29th so wanted to see if anyone that knows the trail and able to help me through it and not mind camping for a night somewhere along the way, would be up for a run. I've never been before but presume that I am unlikely to do well navigating on my own and certainly I'd prefer not to do bypasses. If no one is able to go, any tips on running it and where to camp would be great.

Right now I'm thinking I will be trying to camp at Airport Flat for the night of the 27th and start out in the morning on the trail from there. I'd like to camp somewhere nice along the way but no idea where really and I could even take another day if there's 2 places worth camping on the trail but otherwise I figured I'd camp again around Lake Tahoe at the end of the second day once off the trail.

Appreciate any input and tips/hints for a better experience! Thanks!!

It looks like the trail just opened as of 5/27/17. But they warn about snow drifts:

Rubicon Trail Current Condition Updates

So good luck out there!!
    RubySky's Build:
    EVO Double Throw Down Front and Rear with bypass EVO Lever
    EVO Extreme High Clearance Long Arm Upgrade
    Dynatrac ProRock 44 Front Axle with Pro Steer Ball Joints, G2 35 Spline Placer Gold Axles, ProGrip Brakes
    Dynatrac ProRock XD60 rear axle
    PSC Extreme Duty Cylinder Steering Assist kit
    EVO Rear RockStops with King Air Bumps
    37 inch Nitto Trail Grapplers

Quote Originally Posted by NevadaZielmeister View Post
    It looks like the trail just opened as of 5/27/17. But they warn about snow drifts:

Rubicon Trail Current Condition Updates

So good luck out there!!
    Thanks for the link! I'm hoping it goes well when I get there in a couple weeks

A couple guys from the facebook group up here https://www.facebook.com/groups/JeepinSF/ were up there last week. looks like a lot of water and still a good amount of snow up top.
    USMC 1985-1989, 91 0231 "Once a Knight is never enough"