Notices
NorCal If you live in Northern California and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum Jeepers near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Rubicon Trail June 28/29

Old 06-08-2017, 07:30 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rubicon Trail June 28/29

I'm heading out on an 8 week long road trip on June 25th and will be doing the Rubicon on June 28th and 29th so wanted to see if anyone that knows the trail and able to help me through it and not mind camping for a night somewhere along the way, would be up for a run. I've never been before but presume that I am unlikely to do well navigating on my own and certainly I'd prefer not to do bypasses. If no one is able to go, any tips on running it and where to camp would be great.

Right now I'm thinking I will be trying to camp at Airport Flat for the night of the 27th and start out in the morning on the trail from there. I'd like to camp somewhere nice along the way but no idea where really and I could even take another day if there's 2 places worth camping on the trail but otherwise I figured I'd camp again around Lake Tahoe at the end of the second day once off the trail.

Appreciate any input and tips/hints for a better experience! Thanks!!
Old 06-15-2017, 10:58 AM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It looks like the trail just opened as of 5/27/17. But they warn about snow drifts:

Rubicon Trail Current Condition Updates

So good luck out there!!
Old 06-16-2017, 04:57 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by NevadaZielmeister
It looks like the trail just opened as of 5/27/17. But they warn about snow drifts:

Rubicon Trail Current Condition Updates

So good luck out there!!
Thanks for the link! I'm hoping it goes well when I get there in a couple weeks
Old 06-19-2017, 12:19 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

A couple guys from the facebook group up here https://www.facebook.com/groups/JeepinSF/ were up there last week. looks like a lot of water and still a good amount of snow up top.

Quick Reply: Rubicon Trail June 28/29