Notices
NorCal If you live in Northern California and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum Jeepers near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Rubicon Trip July 9-12

Old 06-10-2012, 08:06 PM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

That's a good question! I got mine from Cal 4 wheel during a trail event and have seen them handed out at the SMUD station just before loon by volunteers.

I'll check in to it tomorrow.
Old 06-10-2012, 10:15 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Rubichronic
A few of us from BC will be running the Rubicon at about the same time as you guys. I understand the Rubicon is a pack everything out trip, including human waste. So, in the interest of being prepared, are you supposed to pack out #1 and #2? Just wondering how you guys deal with that. The thought of having a bucket of crap bouncing around in my jeep isn't too appealing. A rock climber friend of mine gave me a good idea though. He suggested building a "poop tube" out of 3 or 4" pvc pipe, sealed at one end with a screw on top at the other. Do your business in a wag bag, and wrap it up in a large ziploc bag with something to get rid of the smell, like "poo powder", and stuff it in the tube and cap it. I was planning on strapping the tube to the spare. How do you guys deal with this crappy problem. Sorry if I'm hijacking your thread.

I guess that's kind of a funny question to ask strangers!
I think a "Homer" home depot bucket and top with kitty litter would be a good emergency toilet.
Old 06-10-2012, 10:18 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by BKGM Jeepers

Ok. Be sure to carry a recovery strap and a d-ring. SWB jeeps are still passable in stock form on the rubicon. 4-doors drag throughout the trail. I have a 4-door.
Ive got a recovery strap but only have recovery hooks up front on my stubbied stock bumper I acquired. So no d rings up front. I got a stock trailer hitch that I need to put on and plan on buying a d ring adaptable hitch. My jeep did not come with any recovery points.
Old 06-10-2012, 10:20 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by JKZinger

Hey Brad, who makes a good clean up kit for spills?

At work we use kitty litter absorbent on spilled fuel, diesel, oil, and antifreeze. That sprinkled on the spill will usually absorb all of the liquid and then we shovel and sweep it up and store it in a drum or bucket... Again a homer bucket will do in this case...
Old 06-11-2012, 05:32 AM
JK Forum Regional Rep

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We have recycled lint thats in rolls and work great for oils,can be cut into squares or rolled out for use as a work mat
Old 06-11-2012, 08:06 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default On packing out your waste

I saw that Sportsmans Warehouse in Roseville has the waste bags that should be double lined and have the gel to help keep stuff from getting foul. These should fit the Homer buckets. I did part of the Rubicon last year with a guy that had the double doodie bags with a toilet and tall shower tent that was a real winner with the group, especially the wives.
Old 06-11-2012, 10:09 AM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by javacowboy
I saw that Sportsmans Warehouse in Roseville has the waste bags that should be double lined and have the gel to help keep stuff from getting foul. These should fit the Homer buckets. I did part of the Rubicon last year with a guy that had the double doodie bags with a toilet and tall shower tent that was a real winner with the group, especially the wives.

My wife would have been his #1 fan!
Old 06-11-2012, 12:06 PM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I sent some info requests out, When I hear back I'll post up.
My kit looks like a super heavy duty, oversized zip lock bag with kitty litter in it plus some shop towels for clean up. it doesn't look too complicated.
Old 06-12-2012, 05:34 PM
JK Enthusiast

I'll need to store my jumping jack trailer for the run bc it's the beginning of a 3 week fishing trip in the inter mountain west. Does anyone know of a storage place near the terminus that I can contact?
Old 06-12-2012, 06:45 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by wvhasty
I'll need to store my jumping jack trailer for the run bc it's the beginning of a 3 week fishing trip in the inter mountain west. Does anyone know of a storage place near the terminus that I can contact?
Where u fishin?
Let me know if your ever up in the tahoe area fishing.

Quick Reply: Rubicon Trip July 9-12