JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion

JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/)
-   NorCal (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/norcal-77/)
-   -   Slickrock Run and Camping May 26-27 (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/norcal-77/slickrock-run-camping-may-26-27-a-231477/)

JKZinger 05-10-2012 06:02 PM

Slickrock Run and Camping May 26-27

Slickrock Trail and Camping! May 26-27.

We will run the Slickrock trail by Lake Alpine in NorCal on Saturday the 26th and also Mt. Reba which is just down the road, Camp overnight and then do Corral Hollow just up the road on Sunday. Anyone is welcome to come out and run whatever trails you can.

Saturday morning meet at:

Lake Alpine Lodge 10AM Saturday morning
Going:
JKZinger
Familytime
ChopN
JTJK
wildandwillin
Its-a-JK
JavaCowboy
Robsmst
Jmolfino
Endocrash
Stuka
jsj4raiders
Pjohn

:beer::thumbsup:

jtjk 05-10-2012 10:12 PM

Originally Posted by JKZinger (Post 3008090)
Anyone have any good ideas on a run to do on Memorial Day weekend? Could be a day run or maybe camp out somwhere? Slickrock again?

Post your ideas!

Could be fun to camp out in the sierras and run a few of the trails up there. Maybe slick rock or deer valley.

....i would love to try the Dusy, but i think that may take a bit more preparation.

ChopN 05-11-2012 08:12 AM

You beat me to it Zinger. Slick Rock will be clear by that weekend. Water levels are low, temps are high, and theres only 1-2 feet at the Alpine end. Theres already people camping at Alpine.
Deer Valley is temporarily closed so thats out for the season.

woodyvw9 05-11-2012 08:23 AM

I am thinking I could be in for this. I have not really done anything since Slickrock, accept for one day I cruised to Hollister on a whim (without looking at the website) and it was closed... Kid's baseball and track has been occupying my weekends, I am up for anything!

silverbackjk 05-11-2012 12:56 PM

i'm going to be in nevada to go to the moon rocks.

JKZinger 05-11-2012 01:23 PM

This is starting to sound like Slickrock! with camping! Should be fun.

Robsmst 05-11-2012 02:30 PM

Subscribing. I land on the 25th and its my daughters birthday on the 29th. Usually she decides everything we do that weekend but she loves the Jeep so you never know...

JKZinger 05-11-2012 07:18 PM

Originally Posted by Robsmst
Subscribing. I land on the 25th and its my daughters birthday on the 29th. Usually she decides everything we do that weekend but she loves the Jeep so you never know...

Tell her that it was really cool that she was along last winter on slick rock and that we would all miss her if she didn't go!

familytime 05-12-2012 05:13 AM

Would this be a weekend return on Sunday trip?Let me ask Mindy,

JKZinger 05-12-2012 06:14 AM

Originally Posted by familytime (Post 3010480)
Would this be a weekend return on Sunday trip?Let me ask Mindy,

Yes, I was thinking we leave Saturday morning and wheel Slickrock to the ladder, then set up camp and relax. Then we could watch some other groups go through the ladder. Then we could wheel back to hwy 4 the next morning and then either head home or do Corral Hollow or something like that?