Notices
Northwest If you live in the North West (Washington, Oregon, Idaho, Montana and Wyoming) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members in your area and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Anyone in the Coeur d'Alene area?

Old 07-02-2017, 11:58 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone in the Coeur d'Alene area?

Are any fellow Jeepers in the CDA area who could pass on some trail and sight seeing info? The family is heading up in the end of July and into the first week of August, and we will be towing our Jeep with us. I would like to meet a fellow Jeeper or two and maybe get a day out on the trail to check out the great north. We have some young kids who love the outdoors and off roading. I know a few people up there but they are not off roaders.

Any resources would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Old 07-03-2017, 02:44 PM
JK Newbie

I was just there for the ID Jeep Jamboree. I recorded a couple of trails, but only one is open to the public, the Trail of Tears:
https://www.alltrails.com/explore/re...l-of-tears--56

I liked it, it's very scenic and has a couple of interesting steep hills, although with 4LO and rear lockers they didn't pose any serious issues.

I would not recommend going alone though. It'd be better if you found someone else to go with.
Old 07-10-2017, 10:59 AM
JK Super Freak

I've been doing a lot of research for that area and it sounds like there are a ton of places to go, but they don't post really any info. I've found a club called North Idaho Trailblazers that seem to be the go to jeep club in the area. I also stumbled across a facebook page, North West Explorers that appear to be based out of CDA. You might check them out.
Old 07-13-2017, 01:41 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by mdash
I've been doing a lot of research for that area and it sounds like there are a ton of places to go, but they don't post really any info. I've found a club called North Idaho Trailblazers that seem to be the go to jeep club in the area. I also stumbled across a facebook page, North West Explorers that appear to be based out of CDA. You might check them out.
Thanks for the info, I will dig into it and hope to make a few contacts!

Quick Reply: Anyone in the Coeur d'Alene area?