Notices
Northwest If you live in the North West (Washington, Oregon, Idaho, Montana and Wyoming) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members in your area and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

One more Family wheeling outing before winter...

Old 10-22-2015, 01:52 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Fabio let it slip at work that this was going on, so there'll be a few more joining up than just those mentioned here. Including Fabio and myself, there will be four rigs meeting in Bothell for sure (with two more maybes), and three more meeting in North Bend.

Aaron
Old 10-22-2015, 02:56 PM
JK Newbie

Default Going Along

Hi, I'm one of the other vehicles SnoopyMutant mentioned, we're in a 99 TJ and coming from Edmonds so we'd want to meet you in Bothell, we're new to having a TJ (been wheeling an Xterra) on 33s and I've gotten shocks swapped out and am going to finish installing the CB and tow hooks before we go this weekend. I'll have air equipment but no pull strap yet, do I need to track one down before Saturday?
We'll see you all Saturday by 8 in Bothell.
Chris
Old 10-22-2015, 06:30 PM
JK Enthusiast

Just a general question, but you guys think I should get straps?

Also, I won't be running a CB. Don't have enough time to get one and install it by Saturday morning. Maybe I'll see if 4wheel parts can do it tomorrow after work real quick.

I'll have a walkie talkie tho...so if anyone wants to relay the important info from the CBs to me...
Old 10-23-2015, 01:04 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by asuperhero
Just a general question, but you guys think I should get straps?

Also, I won't be running a CB. Don't have enough time to get one and install it by Saturday morning. Maybe I'll see if 4wheel parts can do it tomorrow after work real quick.

I'll have a walkie talkie tho...so if anyone wants to relay the important info from the CBs to me...
It's always a good idea to have your own recovery gear, but for this run I think you should be covered.

For communications, I have both, so I can tell you the important stuff while still making fun of you to everyone else over the CB.
Old 10-23-2015, 07:10 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default Final details

This is going to pretty awesome!
I PM'd everyone my phone number.
Call or text if there is any last minute plans in the morning so we are not waiting on you if you need to back out.
We will lose Cell service about halfway up Lake Cle Elum, so this will be useless on the trail, but sounds like there are a couple CB's at least.

So the North Bend meeting place is now officially McDonalds.

The only other gas stop will be at the gas station just before the roundabout in Roslyn if anyone needed to top off. I can do the whole day on a single tank from home, but will usually top off as a safety precaution.
We'll also plan to stop at the old ranger station before we leave pavement to air down, disconnect, outhouse, etc. From here, it is about seven miles to the trail 4W301. We'll branch off that three miles in onto 4W302, and take it all the way up. Figured we take the Loop trail 4W303, on the way back out.
We'll use the old ranger station again to air up afterwards, and anyone not needing to do this, don't feel obligated to wait around for us.
Old 10-23-2015, 08:57 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

In as of now. See you at 0845 NB Micky Ds.
Has anyone thought of spending either Friday or Saturday night near the trailhead?
Old 10-23-2015, 10:33 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Dodge4me
OK, roll call so we don't leave anyone behind.

North end guys, let us meet at the Bothell Park & Ride which is on HWY 522 (they call it Woodinville DR at this point) & Kaysner Way and leave by 8am.

South end guys, let us plan to meet you in North Bend at the outlet mall (or do you have a better location), about 45 min later, 8:45 or so.
I'm in! See see you in Bothell @8
Old 10-23-2015, 12:12 PM
JK Enthusiast

Hey I just saw this do you have room for one more jeep. I live out in Ellensburg and can meet you guys in Roslyn at the gas station. I have recovery equipment but can't find my CB.
Old 10-23-2015, 01:13 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by shaggy591a
Hey I just saw this do you have room for one more jeep. I live out in Ellensburg and can meet you guys in Roslyn at the gas station. I have recovery equipment but can't find my CB.
Google maps has us at what I think is the Shell station at about 9:30 or so if we leave on time. If you don't mind waiting for us, we'll be looking for you there.
I PM'd you my phone number just in case.

Last edited by Dodge4me; 10-23-2015 at 01:41 PM.
Old 10-23-2015, 01:23 PM
JK Enthusiast

Ok I will see you then.

Quick Reply: One more Family wheeling outing before winter...