Notices
Northwest If you live in the North West (Washington, Oregon, Idaho, Montana and Wyoming) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members in your area and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Southern Oregon Jeep Run.. 2/17/08

Old 02-15-2008, 12:09 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I should be able to make 10:00 at Spicers. I'll get back to ya as soon as my wife gets up, she does graveyard shift at the ER. I'll find out then if she's coming too or just me.
Old 02-15-2008, 12:32 PM
JK Newbie

70 degrees!!!! Let's take the tops off!!!! Lets drive NEKKID JEEPS!!!

Oh and 10 or whatever is fine - the more the merrier!

angela
Old 02-15-2008, 04:54 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Laneco
70 degrees!!!! Let's take the tops off!!!! Lets drive NEKKID JEEPS!!!

Oh and 10 or whatever is fine - the more the merrier!

angela
I'm Game....!!!!!

So 10:00 / Spicers.. Sunday.....
Old 02-15-2008, 09:57 PM
JK Enthusiast

Wife's gotta work, sucks to be her. But I'll be there by 10....... see ya then.
Old 02-17-2008, 11:42 AM
JK Enthusiast

Be sure to post pictures so I can see what I missed !

Old 02-17-2008, 05:25 PM
JK Enthusiast

Woooo Hooooo.......... That was fun ! Thanks guys, can't wait to do it again.
Old 02-17-2008, 07:00 PM
JK Newbie

I do have some pics but the site is being obnoxious about letting me upload... Keeps telling me I'm not a registered user... Whatever...

I can email them to you, just PM your email address.

anglea
Old 02-18-2008, 07:23 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by drbeddow
Woooo Hooooo.......... That was fun ! Thanks guys, can't wait to do it again.
Just wanted to say thanks for coming all the way over.. Sorry it was a little short.. Just need to get rid of some of this snow yet.. This spring and summer will be fun..
Old 02-19-2008, 06:28 PM
JK Newbie

I sent Jay the pictures (1BADJK) and he'll get them posted. The run was fun even if we didn't go where we wanted to...

So things go like this. We're driving down this PAVED road that has about 12" hard frozen snow on it with ruts going all the way down to the pavement. My husband, Steve, is squirrelling around and bounces out of the deep rut and winds up sideways in the snow. Unfortunately, we were in two-wheel drive when we bounded out of the rut and failed to drive out before sinking to about bumper deep... That was the first of numerous "snatches" for the day...

The Power-Line road takes off the pavement and crosses a decent size creek within about 150 yards. Naturally, we send Jay out first. Jay managed to get stuck which put the rest of us at great concern, because baby if HE is stuck, then the rest of us a probably hosed... Get Jay out and then he heads across the creek. We're next. We get stuck. No luck with the back-wards snatch, so Jay crosses the creek again and winches us forward. Across we go and the silver JK just drives over making it look pretty easy.

Now all 3 of us are on the otherside throwing snowballs and playing with the dogs. Group decision is that dang, there is way too much snow for this... So we all GO BACK ACROSS THE CREEK and head downhill on the pavement.

(see next post).
Old 02-19-2008, 06:36 PM
JK Newbie

A few miles down the road, a really fun looking off-road adventure takes off to the left. We pick a route in the deep ruts, then the silver JK goes up first and makes it look easy. Now here's where things get interesting...

Jay's wife, Stephanie, leans out the window and tells my husband, Steve, "You aren't going to make it - you don't have enough ground clearance..."

Niiice one Stephanie, nothing like telling a guy 'his isn't big enough'... Well you guys absolutely know what happens next... Steve aims our little stock suspension JK up the rutted trail and bounces right up the path. No way was he going to let Stephanie think his "wasn't big enough..." Talk about waving the red flag. It was a real interesting ride for me...

We squirrelled around up there for a while. I learned what "side-hilling" is. For the record, I don't like it especially when my side is uphill! I kept trying to lean toward the high-side like on my mountain bike, but the Jeep just ignored me!

Then onto the mud bog! Mud everywhere whoo hooo!!! Then our Jeep starts mis-firing. Quick like a bunny, Steve drives out of the mud bog. Just because we are new to 4x4'ing, doesn't mean we enjoy working on a vehicle up to our calves in mud! The headers had burned thru a plug-wire. We fixed it with a zip-tie and a rock. Made it most of the way home before the misfire became evident again.

Thanks for a great time! Hope we do this again in a couple of weeks!
angela

Quick Reply: Southern Oregon Jeep Run.. 2/17/08