Notices
Outdoor Sports General discussion forum for those of you interested in outdoor sports such as mountain biking, kayaking, snowboarding, skiing, water skiing, ATV's etc.

Rock Climbers?

Old 11-19-2013, 04:09 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rock Climbers?

I love rockclimbing and I have all my gear.
Just wondering if anyone does it here and have you ever been on a road trip in your jeep and stopped to climb a rock?
Im a bouldering person so I have had a couple temptations where i wanted to stop to climb.
Is there any off road areas that have a rock climbable area? (moab, rubicon, etc)
Old 11-19-2013, 08:36 PM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 363 Likes on 289 Posts

The rubicon is like one big giant rock about 20 miles long with lots of other smaller rocks scattered all over it. There are a couple of placed you can play on the rocks but you are "limited" to 30' from the trail. If you come to it from Loon you will see you are just climbing a huge granite dome.
Old 08-01-2014, 12:50 PM
JK Newbie

Here I am, I usually climb on Italian and Swiss crags, since I live in Italy. Amazing landscape, between Mont Blanc and Dolomites...
I need a JKu to transport all my stuff... Ropes, quickdraws...
Old 08-01-2014, 12:52 PM
JK Newbie

I subscribed to the Climbing.com magazine. It's full of sites in which you can climb or boulder, but they're too distant from the country i live in... :-)

Quick Reply: Rock Climbers?