Notices
Outdoor Sports General discussion forum for those of you interested in outdoor sports such as mountain biking, kayaking, snowboarding, skiing, water skiing, ATV's etc.

Who here scuba dives?

Old 01-31-2010, 05:11 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

padi advanced, deep,nitrox, & drysuit. I'd love to go a lot more technical but i have to many different interest and limited time off work. I went diving in Mauritius ( S.E. of Madagascar) first of january after snowboarding in WY & MT, same R&R. Only got in a 1/2days jeepin' this R&R. My biggest thing is adventure and going places i've never been to get it. I got certified for diving as a way to get to different places...."same planet,different world" 'ya know.
That is why I like adventure motorcycling and there was something else, let me think.....oh yea... JEEPS.

One of these days I know I'm going to go on a dive in a mountain lake getting there with my horse and pack mule. Yes i'm a little different.
Old 01-31-2010, 05:59 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 361 Likes on 269 Posts

Originally Posted by toymaster
... One of these days I know I'm going to go on a dive in a mountain lake getting there with my horse and pack mule. Yes i'm a little different.
Hmm. The PCT to Crater Lake could be quite interesting. Some of the clearest water in the world.

Backcountry in Crater Lake

Scuba in Crater Lake
Old 01-31-2010, 12:28 PM
JK Jedi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by toymaster

One of these days I know I'm going to go on a dive in a mountain lake getting there with my horse and pack mule. Yes i'm a little different.
Sounds waaaaaaaaay fun to me....!!!
Old 01-31-2010, 05:59 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by TN-MEDIC-14
I'm a rescue and recovery diver for the ambulance service here in middle TN. With I had some pics to share but 99% of my dives are black water dives with zero visability. and the other 1% I don't think you would want to see the pics of what we dive for.
x2.....I just got through diving in a huge holding tank at the reverse osmosis plant because they dropped a tool. But it sure beats diving for bodies.
Old 01-31-2010, 06:07 PM
JK Enthusiast

Location: Christiana, Tennessee, United States, United States

Diving for the bodies aint bad, I just hate having to go back and find the parts that are missing when you put them in the bag or that fell off on the way to the surface..

although I do hate being suprised by swimming up to one face to face
Old 01-31-2010, 06:39 PM
JK Enthusiast

I am a retired Technical / Deep Wreck diver. My last dive was ~5 years ago. I had too many friends die on the Doria to continue the chase. I fill my free time with my family, whitewater kayaking (Class IV) and tinkering on cars.

Have fun, but be safe.
Old 01-31-2010, 10:26 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by SHRKDOC
holy shite, wet suit in 45 F = major shrinkage!
yeah for sure...my drysuit is coming with my tax return
Old 02-01-2010, 05:18 PM
JK Enthusiast

I've been certified since I was 13. Never have done any cold water diving here at home but always enjoy diving on vacation and just got back from Kauai this past sunday. Here is a couple pics taken with a Olympus Stylus Tough-8000 with no housing (good to 33ft).

Old 02-28-2010, 09:06 PM
JK Newbie

Default Scuba tanks

Have any scuba divers out there come up with a more efficient way of transporting tanks rather than piling them into the back of the jeep? I looked around for some kind of trailer hitch rack but couldn't find anything that would allow standing the tanks upright. (I don't know if that is even legal.)
Old 03-01-2010, 12:31 AM
JK Enthusiast

go check out a welding supply shop in vegas that makes deliveries. Look at there truck it will probably give u a good idea of how to build the racks on the trailer and they do transport their welding tanks vertical

Quick Reply: Who here scuba dives?